Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Request: Fawn Comparison Picture (Yes, another Akubra thread)

Goose.

Practically Family
If someone has both a HERITAGE Fawn and TAWNY Fawn Akubra, can you please post a pic of them next to each other for shade comparison?

Thanks in advance....

G MAN

One of the Regulars
Goose, I have the Heritage Fawn in the Banjo Paterson and the Tawny Fawn Fed IV. I don't know if this is what you need but I'll put up a pick until some one gets something better for you.
DSC06922.jpg

DSC06921.jpg

DSC06920.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
Colby Jack said:
Great job G Man!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap ...I really like the color of the tawny fed...
Yes...great job indeed and very much appreciated G Man!
Really helps to see them next to each other in the same picture. Especially cool that these are natural light pics.

The shades are actually closer than I'd thought. Yet, still a noticeable difference.

Thank you
:eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, G Man. It's good to see those two side by side. I have two heritage fawn Akubras but no tawny.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Thanks, G Man. It's good to see those two side by side. I have two heritage fawn Akubras but no tawny.

:arated: That makes me feel better. I sprang for the extra $$'s to get a deluxe Heritage fawn, just because I wanted something less brownish than the tawny - looks like it's going to be perfect.

Goose.

Practically Family
Thanks again for the comparison shots G Man. Now I can contribute for those that may use the "search" fucntion for the Fawn mug shots...

About an hour ago the Federation IV Deluxe Heritage Fawn landed at my door. It is the unbashed one next to the bashed Fed IV Standard in Tawny Fawn.

Now that it is actually in my mitts, don't know if it really looks different enough for me to justify the procurement.
But, what the heck, now I have a full set of Fed colors and, for some obsure OCD reason, that makes me smile.
Like the "Hokey Pokey", that's what it's all about :)

571298954_P3syX-M-1.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Something makes me think we're all afflicted with OCD. That's what makes us want them all. :D

Goose.

Practically Family
Well, OCD or whatever, I think my neighbors think I've simply flipped my lid. My wife figured that out awhile ago...she looked out the window and saw me with camera in hand and having a cup of coffee. She asked what I was taking pictures of, looked and saw the hats, then walked away from the window probably wondering where things went wrong :eusa_doh:

Here's the Tawny Fawn and Heritage Fawn in natural light:

571938839_e6cpZ-M-1.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Goose. said:
Well, OCD or whatever, I think my neighbors think I've simply flipped my lid. My wife figured that out awhile ago...she looked out the window and saw me with camera in hand and having a cup of coffee. She asked what I was taking pictures of, looked and saw the hats, then walked away from the window probably wondering where things went wrong :eusa_doh:

571938839_e6cpZ-M-1.jpg

That Heritage Fawn looks exactly the color I was hoping for - thanks for posting. Hatsdirect hasn't yet gotten in their 59's, but is expecting them any day.

My balcony looks out on an enclosed courtyard, so I'm sure my neighbors long ago concluded that I'm nuts, setting up my hat photos out there. But I also do the same thing with pool cues and other antiques, so maybe they just think I'm a junk dealer.

Goose.

Practically Family
You're welcome for the post Scott. Glad to do it.
Cracking up about the "junk dealer" gig. Funny.
Hope you get your lid soon :)
Here's a pic of all the shades of Fed for those that may search for such in the future...

Top to Bottom and Left to Right; Dark Brown Deluxe, Tawny Fawn Standard, Heritage Fawn Deluxe, Moonstone Deluxe, Carbon Standard, Black Standard...

572082778_iU655-M-1.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Goose. said:

571938839_e6cpZ-M-1.jpg

Just got my Heritage Fawn, and your pic pretty much nails it - really beautiful color.

This is my first Akubra. I have gotten into the habit of 'dry-bashing' vintage hats, but that's not going to work with this hat. No complaints, but it will need steam.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Chinaski said:
You may think it's all fawn and games, CRH, but I'm just about Fed up with it!

Your puns are awful, but I always say: "IV-give and IV-get"

Woodfluter

Practically Family
ScottF said:
Your puns are awful, but I always say: "IV-give and IV-get"

Scott, he's incorrigible, so it's best not to incorrige him. But you are right, I'Ve always felt punsters should be furgiven.

BTW, the photos here are a pretty good representation of the differences in color that I see with mine. Both fawns are nice and subtly different.

Goose, since you have a nice collection of identical hats in both the Heritage and Imperial felt, I wonder if you might have access to an accurate scale - something like a digital postal scale giving 10ths of an ounce or grams would do. Could you weigh one of each and tell us what you get?

I've made some weight comparisons between comparable hats but not identical ones, and have long been curious about this.

- Bill

Goose.

Practically Family
Very fawny guys :eusa_doh: lol

Hey Bill...

I was thinking of getting a scale as I have been curious too. BUT, your mention of a postal scale hit me. There's a digital scale at the post office near me. I will take the lids in and report back. If not Tuesday, by Wednesday I'm sure. Will report back then.

ScottF...CONGRATS on the Fed on your head! Hope you'll like it IV-ever. I too really like that Heritage Fawn.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Goose. said:

Hey Bill...

I was thinking of getting a scale as I have been curious too. BUT, your mention of a postal scale hit me. There's a digital scale at the post office near me. I will take the lids in and report back. If not Tuesday, by Wednesday I'm sure. Will report back then.

ScottF...CONGRATS on the Fed on your head! Hope you'll like it IV-ever. I too really like that Heritage Fawn.

Her-it-age 51, I generally like more casual hats - this one's more IV-mal - but I was FED so much positive input that I broke down and ordered one.

Glad I did <=== punless sentence

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Goose. said:

Hey Bill...

You're the man, Goose!
I'd love to see the weight difference between Deluxe and Standard felts, on exactly identical hats - same size and model. Would get at the heart of what "dense" means. I think...well, we'll wait for your report and then speculate.

- Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff