Reshaping 6x Stetson Open Road

Discussion in 'The Fedora Lounge Guides' started by Rambone, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Rambone

Rambone New in Town

Hey there Fellas,
    I recently acquired a Stetson OR in Silverbelly and was wondering if there were any ways for me to reshape it a little. I would like to do it my self but i dont want to mess up a brand new hat. Its not a vintage hat and it is not the royal deluxe it is the 6x model. Any tips tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Steve1857 likes this.
  2. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Welcome to the lounge @Rambone.
    Google “how to crease a hat fedora lounge” and read away!
    Google “(anything) fedora lounge” and read away!
    B

3. Steve1857

Steve1857 Call Me a Cab

Welcome Rambone. Post photos of the Silverbelly OR you have and come with suggestions of how you'd like it to look. Many of us here would love to see it. Some can help with your reshaping wishes.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

4. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

I will say that it will take some effort to reshape a modern Stetson. The hats we reshape and share are generally vintage, came open crown, and are made for reshaping. The amount of stiffener and "permanent" crease will need to be overcome, and you may have a bit less to work with than you would with a OC hat. Not that it can't be done, but not with the ease you can a vintage hat.

Having said that, here's a fun thread: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/monster-bash-videos-show-us-how-you-bash.85436/#post-2059078

hatsRme and Steve1857 like this.
  5. Rambone

Rambone New in Town

Hey thanks for the help. I can’t post a picture right now. I mainly wanted to narrow the opening for your head and maybe turn the crown into a teardrop.