Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resistol Beaver 15

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I traded a hat and some ties I wasn't going to wear for this little jewel today. Found it in a vintage shop. In pristine condition, Cavanaugh edge, double bow with a wind trolley. It has the Harry Rolnick liner. I'm assuming that with the word Beaver on the sweat it has at least some Beaver felt in it. And of course following what we know about pricing, the tag under the sweatband says $15.00
Resistol002.jpg

Resistol.jpg

Resistol004.jpg

fedoralover

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Yup, it was my size. Funny thing about the trade, I had a fedora with some felt fading on the crown so I never wore it. It didn't show up on the pics on ebay when I bought and was too much trouble to return. Another guy I know locally wanted it and didn't care about the fade, traded me a Borsalino Homburg for it. It was probably from the 60s or 70s. I tried to see myself wearing it and it just didn't work for me. I just don't have the look for a Homburg, so I wouldn't have worn it either and was going to sell it. Then I saw this jewel and did a trade and now I have a fedora I can wear. The ties I had bought at Goodwill for about 2 dollars each over the last ten years and they were no longer in my lineup to wear either. Win, Win situation.

fedoralover

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
It must be "Kitten Finish" day - I just received a 1940's 'Kitten Finish XXXXX Beaver'. It's a superb hat - I expected a lot, and received more.

Do we have a "Kitten Club" yet? ;)

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
It's a size 7 1/8th. The kitten finish is nice indeed. I'd like to know how much beaver is actually in it, but of course those were all trade secrets, so there's no way to know. The flash washed out the color some. It's a very deep brown.

fedoralover

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I've had several Stetson Whippets and this one is at least 3 times the quality of a Whippet. Now I do have a Stetson 20 Sovereign that I would have to say is nicer than this Resistol and it too is supposed to have beaver in it.

fedoralover

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Do we have any good 'Resistol' threads? I've been digging around trying to find more info on Resistol logos and dating, but no luck.

If anyone wants to start one, I'll chip in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy