Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Returning a used Aero jacket if it doesn't fit (in uk).

redsox78

New in Town
Hi,

Does anyone know if Aero will give you a refund if you order a 'used' jacket but don't like the fit (I mean sending it back next day).

Just asking as they have something on their used site that I think is the right size but until I try it I can't be sure. I suppose, in the UK, they have to offer a refund (distance selling regs) but I was wondering if anyone has any experience of buying from the used section.

Thanks!

Email Amanda.
amanda@aeroleatherclothing.com

Hi,

Does anyone know if Aero will give you a refund if you order a 'used' jacket but don't like the fit (I mean sending it back next day).

Just asking as they have something on their used site that I think is the right size but until I try it I can't be sure. I suppose, in the UK, they have to offer a refund (distance selling regs) but I was wondering if anyone has any experience of buying from the used section.

Thanks!

Evian

New in Town
Be careful on how you ship it. Don't use the Post office. You better use FedEx or UPS they offer tracking numbers. If you paid using Paypal they will demand a tracking number. Post office only offer custom numbers. You will not be able to get a refund from Paypal if you go through the post office that is of course if Aero refuses to refund your money and you decide to file a claim.

Dave E

One of the Regulars
Be careful on how you ship it. Don't use the Post office. You better use FedEx or UPS they offer tracking numbers. If you paid using Paypal they will demand a tracking number. Post office only offer custom numbers. You will not be able to get a refund from Paypal if you go through the post office that is of course if Aero refuses to refund your money and you decide to file a claim.

As he is in the UK that's not actually a problem. Royal Mail offers trackable services for delivery within the UK, so Manchester to Scotland isn't an issue.

I'd have thought they would have to offer a refund due to the distance selling regs.

Dav

One Too Many
I had to send a jacket back to Aero recently, I used Royal Mail no problem, sort of, I paid for 24hr insured delivery cost me £21(5kg parcel), it took four days to get there due to the bad weather in Scotland :( so I got a £26 refund :)
Aero Scotland don't take Paypal btw.

Edward

Bartender
Yes, they're legally obliged, but to be honest I'd be extremely surprised if you had to stand on that with Aero. Somewhere on here you'll find a thread I started when I bought a used Thirties Halfbelt from Aero's website back in October / November. Before I hit the order button on the website, I emailed Amanda and she confirmed the actual measurements of the jacket. Amanda has advised me a number of times, and never steered me wrong on size.

redsox78

New in Town
Cool, and thanks for the other bits of advice everyone! I didn't expect to have a problem - there is a UK selling rule about items you haven't seen - but it's always nice to not have to cause a fuss. I'm pretty certain that the size will be right, it's just as people have often commented on here things can feel different when worn, especially with a used jacket. Still, it'll probably just prompt me to send it back and ask for a custom made jacket :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy