Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Returning Aero to Scotland...refund of "brokerage fees"?

Looking for folks with experience returning an Aero to Scotland.
Just received my new A2 from Aero...that I need to return.
Body length needs another 1 1/2", sleeves need to be shortened by 1".
Supposed to be their "Jerky seal" leather...seems totally smooth, suspect may be the wrong leather.
Asked for "dark berry" knits....suspect they used dark brown.

I paid the UPS delivery man a "brokerage fee" of $157.99 by check when he delivered it.
How do I go about getting a refund on that?

Send it back to Aero...as 'return'..so they aren't charged a duty fee. They will send new re-done jacket back as 'repair'or 'exchange'...so you won't get charged a brokerage fee again. If it is their fault(wrong jacket specs)..they should probably cover shipping. Talk to Amanda.
HD

bretron

Call Me a Cab
The broker fees are what UPS are charging you to clear the product thru US Customs. They maybe included duty in the bill amount but in general its a service fee for doing the customs clearance on your behalf. Its true that you shouldnt have to pay duties a second time on the same product (would b like double jeapordy) when reimported. but broker fees, such as those charged to you by ups would still be there (unless you can get Aero to cover em)...

Last edited:

HighandDry

A-List Customer
My last coat which needed changing, Aero did not cover the shipping cost. UPS wanted some insane amount (I think 200 bucks), so I sent it via USPS in one of their one cost shipping boxes- think it was like 60 bucks.

When Aero shipped it back, UPS charged me again for the duty/service charge, even though it was marked as a repair.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Same here. They see it as a different item wich offcourse it is, but its insane because you already payed once. I called them and asked about what a "return" is, and they told me even a repair isnt really a repair return but a new item! Huh? A repaired product (on warranty) is called a "refinement" and there are special papers you have to fill out.

Best is to call them and do exactly as they say.....wich offcourse isnt gonna work anyway in some cases :D an example is the refinement papers i used and asked the Canadian company to please put on the package back - they did, but the postoffice just ignored them and charged me as if it was a new item :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner