Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rings

undertaker

Practically Family
I do not know why some wear them, but I have noticed them on Golden Era stars such as George Burns, Milton Berle, Jack Benny, Danny Thomas, and, from titme to time, Red Skelton. I have some of the Dean Martin Celeb. Roasts on DVD and several of those guys wore them. I wear an oval one with an agate in it on my left hand next to my wedding ring. They seem classy to me maybe I just associate them with guys like those mentioned above.

Regards,
J.S.

Last edited:

undertaker

Practically Family
Reds, very impressive, Pinky Ring. I remember seeing in an interveiw that, among his many tallents, Red designed and made jewelry as a hobby.

redskelton.jpg

Regards,
J.S.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just recently purchased one of these, from Zip Stevenson's Hollywood Trading Company:

Picture1p.jpg

It's truly amazing. I had to have one custom made because the finger I wanted it for is bigger than the biggest size they make. Don't ask how much it cost!!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I've enjoyed this entire thread and I especially liked this collection:
I've got pretty chubby digits (my brother's nickname for me when we wuz kids = jumbo cod fingers!) so my collection of rings is pretty small. A pal's been visiting so I just loaded meself up and snapped this with his camera phone:

37948_10150288961845471_725635470_15151223_5523037_n.jpg

From L to R: Mexican horseshoe ring bought at a Memphis flea market a few years back, a silver religious ring that I got in Tennessee cos it looked like a cocktail glass, an Avon horseshoe ring off Ebay, my 1930s white gold wedding band, our first silver 'music notes' wedding ring from when we got married inside Sun Studios (my wife mashed hers by accident, hence the sturdier replacement!), a neat 1920s-style signet ring from Schwabs on Beale Street, and a nice deco pinky ring from the flea market in Geneva...

I love chunky rings (for me), the bigger the better! They make my hands look hyperbolically tiny!
As for rings on men, I think it's a great idea: men have beautiful hands that give away their personality and rings draw attention to them.

samtemporary

One of the Regulars
I'm a minimalist when it comes to men's jewelry. I wear a watch (wrist or pocket), college class ring on the right, wedding on the left. Religious medallion/scapula under a shirt. That's it.

Earl Grey Tea Drinker

New in Town
I've been wearing jewelry since I was a kid. I remember wearing my father's high school ring in middle school because I thought it looked cool. I've worn all types of rings from high school rings to skull rings. I get bored after awhile though, and I can go years without wearing any jewelry at all. But if you count a watch as jewelry like some people do. Then, I have.

Earl Grey Tea Drinker

New in Town
Thrift shop pickup for a quarter. Not in the best of shape.

P1100821.jpg

Hey hey Dinerman I've had the exact same ring for about three years now. Mine is a tiger's eye though....

For some reason Im not allowed to post a picture?!?

I own the same exact ring too, but no diamonds on the side. And, mine is 10k gold and has a dark red stone, and if you look close enough you can see some purple in the dark red stone too. It could be alexandrite, or a garnet. It is actually one of my favorite rings, because it is not fancy at all. It reminds me of men's rings in the 30's and 40's.

Last edited:

Earl Grey Tea Drinker

New in Town
I've been wearing cheap stainless steel rings I got on amazon for less than $7. Pretty funny, I paid for a stainless ring that cost more than that that was so unconformable to wear. If the ring is too thick it doesn't sit right on the finger.

Dronak

Familiar Face
I only wear two rings -- my wedding ring (with a Claddagh design) on my left hand, and a college ring on my right hand. I do own some others, but I almost never wear them anymore. I don't want to wear too much, so one ring per hand is basically my limit. With the wedding band permanently taking one spot, that leaves only one more, which is taken by my college ring.

Earl Grey Tea Drinker

New in Town
I only wear two rings -- my wedding ring (with a Claddagh design) on my left hand, and a college ring on my right hand. I do own some others, but I almost never wear them anymore. I don't want to wear too much, so one ring per hand is basically my limit. With the wedding band permanently taking one spot, that leaves only one more, which is taken by my college ring.

Pretty much how I look at it too. I rarely wear any ring on my left hand unless I was married. Other than that. I wear my rings on my right hand. Usually one at a time finger at a time like on my middle finger, ring finger, or pinky ring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24