Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rjl Ltd

Drifter, please teach your employee about image theft (copyright infringement) and giving credit when you "borrow" a picture that someone else paid good money for!
Even in this "open" Internet age of image piracy and "social" use, there are still rules (and laws).
Thank you.

I rest my case Sloan its always the same people slandering Alexander and anyone who Believes in their product and the good people that work for them.

cuchulain

Familiar Face
I got a great jacket from drifterproductions (rjl-ltd), his eBay reputation was excellent with thousands of sales, if he were shifty or unscrupulous he wouldn't have thousands of positive transactions and no negative ones. He shipped very quickly and the item was 100% as described and a great price. I would give him the benefit of the doubt here, people make mistakes. I wouldn't hesitate buying from him again.

My next coat will be an Aero because I really want a cordovan Half-belt but I have no problem buying a Simmons Bilt either, the jacket is built like a tank and I get complimented all the time.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mine will trace back to my home in PA. Blaming the accuser when you're clearly in the wrong probably won't gain much traction here.

Bobby obviously attended the Andy F school of manners and deportment.

You two sound like "school girls." :rolleyes:

Over-under till COW post supporting Drifter/RJL: 4 hour, 38 minutes.

Drifter, please teach your employee about image theft (copyright infringement) and giving credit when you "borrow" a picture that someone else paid good money for!
Even in this "open" Internet age of image piracy and "social" use, there are still rules (and laws).
Thank you.

While you at it check out Aero's Instagram, they did not have permission to use the Daniel Craig photo, Obiously the Bowie Photo since I know Calder did not make that jacket and also ask him who really made the captain America Jacket that he lied about in multiple articles and I welcome him to produce the Contract from the The Studio, since I know for a face it does not exist.

As a professional photographer, I take image theft very seriously. Taking it down and apologizing is the least you could do. The next step is to educate your employees so that it doesn't happen again. Mistakes happen, yes, but more times than not they stem from lack of knowlege/ experience, or worse-people at the top who support the impropriety or look the other way.
Don't rope me into your business competition- That's not my point!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Ah, and here we come to the wild scatter-gun libels (this is proper libel btw, not the make-y up slander you libeled me with). In order: the Daniel Craig picture is of their jacket, you've posted a picture of a jacket that isn't even made by SB. The Bowie jacket - where's your proof? What's your source? Moreover, why would anyone bother claiming something like that, it would easily be proved not to be true? The Cpt America jacket - the one that Julie Leitch has gone on record on the process of making it, and Ken was able to name the original reference jacket? Do me a favour. Tip: if you're going to make actionable accusations, best come with a wheelbarrow of supporting evidence.

devilish

A-List Customer
'Mistakes happen'. Bullsh*t!! I mean, yes they do but if you just google J-100 and pic a photo you like that's not really a mistake. The credit for it will be right there with the image. Also, thinking no one will notice is pretty naive. You are dealing with a pretty aware group of people. Then to try and slander them and point fingers is truly the last resort.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
'Mistakes happen'. Bullsh*t!! I mean, yes they do but if you just google J-100 and pic a photo you like that's not really a mistake.

Don't think that was "mistake" but someone's hand got caught in the cookie jar.

Exactly. How does one "accidentally" misappropriate a photo from a competing manufacurer's website, then claim that they made and/or are selling the jacket depicted in the photo taken from the conpetitor's website? That ain't no "mistake."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy