1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

RMC Opinion

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by BlueWallpaper, Jun 13, 2018.

1. BlueWallpaper

BlueWallpaper Familiar Face

In London today and couldn’t help but pop into the RMC store. Have in my head to get a black J-100, and have been toying with the idea of a Himel or an RMC if it fits.

Not the best photo but anyone got an opinion on this? Take the gloves off, I’ve mentally set myself a three jacket limit so using a slot is a big deal!

upload_2018-6-13_18-1-0.jpeg

red devil, navetsea and plainsman like this.
  2. jeo

jeo New in Town

Good choice of the J-100 to use up one of your 3 slots. Simple, timeless and classic.

As for the fit, looks spot on to me. Only thing that’s kinda hard to judge is the front length. Probably the angle. But looks good in this photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueWallpaper likes this.
  3. Cyber Lip

Cyber Lip A-List Customer

Looks good, except the sleeves are too short for my taste

BlueWallpaper and HoosierDaddy like this.
  4. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Fit looks pretty good. Touch short in the sleeves (I'd add an inch)...is the hem misaligned? Looks a good 1" off from the right to left side.
    Edit: it's not zipped. Disregard the hem comment :oops:

BlueWallpaper and sweetfights like this.
  5. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

I think it looks great.
    Sleeves are just like i like them, but i like them shorter than most here. Body looks good too.
    I was in there last week, they have great jackets! I really like the JH-1.

BlueWallpaper, Lebowski and Monitor like this.
  6. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

JH-1 is a really cool jacket. Simple.

Anyway, I think it fits you well, Blue. I maybe would've preferred longer sleeves but I don't think I would've been unhappy with this jacket at all. It's nice!

BlueWallpaper and sweetfights like this.
  7. Boyo

Boyo Practically Family

I hope you bought it.. i think it looks great in the pic..Other than an original I don't believe you can get a better repro than the Real McCoys

8. Guppy

Guppy One Too Many

I think the cuffs look very wide. I'd probably look to get them made tighter if it were my money.

9. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

Damn nice fit for an off the rack jacket. Plus the J-100 is a fantastic classic style and you should definitely use one of your slots for one.

...the second I saw it I knew there would be a number of Loungers saying the sleeves are too short but I think they are fine. I’m with @Carlos840 I hate sleeves that constantly press down onto your wrist.

I know RMC are pretty pricey aren’t they? Not sure how they compare to an ELMC J-100 but the Eastman has narrower wrists if the slightly wider wrist opening bugs you.

OCD nit picking aside, its a nice fit and its right there....you couldn’t go too far wrong imo.

EDIT: The sleeve zips are undone in the pics so its hard to really gauge if they are a little wide or not....did you notice it when you tried it on??

BlueWallpaper, Lebowski and Carlos840 like this.
  10. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

Looks good. Sleeves are a good length for me. Buy buy buy!

Lebowski likes this.
  11. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

What's the going rate on one of these? $2k? I think for that $ if you are after a repro of this pattern I'd insist on custom. Please don't get me wrong, the jacket looks good, but I think it could fit better. Now I'll confess (and probably have rocks thrown at me for it) I'm not a huge fan of this pattern. The tubular body isn't that flattering to a man's physique. A CR should taper to the waist and create a "v" shape for the wearer (IMHO). I think this can be achieved with a j-100 repro but it requires custom mods or a different pattern from what is offered from RMC. Tapered from shoulder to waist, etc.
    I'd look more closely at Himels pattern or Aero's b/c you can dial in the fit. For that kind of scratch. It has to be bang on perfect for you. If this is that then that's all that matters and the chatter here is neither here nor there. I suspect you already know how you feel about it...so the real question is...what's your opinion?

BlueWallpaper and Monitor like this.
  12. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

ai00344 and ton312 like this.
  13. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

LOL! Man my words aren't worth the digital air they inhabit. My current fav jacket is from Jc penny's 1982 catalog. Lol. I should be banned.

ProteinNerd likes this.
  14. BlueWallpaper

BlueWallpaper Familiar Face

not at all, at that price if it’s not a perfect fit then i don’t want to buy it! appreciate the honest opinion.

ton312 likes this.
  15. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

We'll bear in mind, and I know you will, my opinion is only my own. And like I said it's a good looking jacket and a good fit. All I'm saying is that if I had the skill and the means I'd craft one just a bit different for you.
    You have a slender physique and that should be accentuated/ celebrated by the jacket.

16. Benj

Benj One of the Regulars

It looks fantastic. only thing I didn't like about the j100 was the tightness of the sleeves and tightness of the armholes/shoulder area.

17. El Marro

El Marro Practically Family

I concur. The RMC looks good, but you are within the price range of a Himel Kensington and I think you would get more bang for your buck going that route.

BlueWallpaper and ton312 like this.
  18. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

I would agree with many here: if you don't think it's perfect, don't buy it. For about half the price, you can get the Aero version through Thurston Brothers with an opportunity for a fit jacket. I (believe) that ProteinNerd posted a pic of an Aero version (in Navy CXL?) that seemed to fit perfectly. Or, if you have the scratch, go with Himel.

I have one in size 42. I love it but it is a bit tight through the forearms. Upper arm and pits work for me. The forearms seem to be loosening up though.

19. Sleeves are definitely too short for me.
    HD

20. Superfluous

Superfluous Call Me a Cab

IMHO, and according to my personal preferences, the sleeves are too short. This is precisely why I sold my RMC Buco J-100. Its a great, really well made jacket, but I personally prefer slightly longer sleeves.

I replaced my RMC J-100 with a custom Himel Kensington and I am much happier with the fit.

You really cannot go wrong with either jacket and, if you prefer the shorter sleeves -- as do many here -- the RMC is a winner.