Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Road to Perdition, Tom Hanks Polo Coat - NEED HELP!!!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I gave Thunder a heads-up after I bumped into the live auction while doing some research on Capper & Capper. Maybe he scored it? [huh]

Donny Brasco

New in Town
Calling Marc Chevalier....

Calling Marc Chevalier....

Guys if ANYONE knows where a barrel chested stocky prick can get this kind of coat ANYWHERE....I will paypal or whatever at least $50 to the person who can point me in the right direction.

PM me. Please. I am as serious as a heart attack.

I wear a size 46 jacket. I am 5'9" and weigh about 236. Yes, prototype NFL fullback without the footspeed, but all the will and heart in the world.

Help me. I am begging each member.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Similar overcoats are out there. This one (dated either 1937 or 1957) just sold for $5.50

324332818_o.jpg

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
Similar overcoats are out there. This one (dated either 1937 or 1957) just sold for $5.50

324332818_o.jpg

Dang...how do you guys find these so cheap? All the searches I watch on Ebay never have those kind of deals...maybe I'm using the wrong parameters....:rolleyes:
Rob

mike

Call Me a Cab
50 dollar finders fee for the 1st person that can find me: love, adventure and a quick, painless death... doesn't have to be in that order.

Hell, same applies to the second runner up :p

CliffG

One of the Regulars
That overcoat for the movie looks like an old JC Penny wool coat that I remember playing dress up with when I was a kid. I remember it being huge and the JC Penny label in the back, we only had the Montgomery Ward catalouge and I wanted so much to order a coat like that in my size, but never saw a coat in Montgomery Ward like it...not that I had any money to spend anyway, but I do remember wishing, I remember trying to roll up the sleves to make it fit better but the cuffs made that impossible.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
^^ Nice research Tomasso.

Here's a beautiful heavy overcoat that I tried on in "Cheap" Jacks in NYC the other month. It was a 48-50 looong. Excuse the sneakers, I do realize it doesn't go with the coat!! lol

fd47b5d5.jpg

This coat was geourgeous, I would have loved to buy it but he was looking for $1,100! :eek:

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
Here it is, with the lid to boot.

Yes, excellent research, Tomasso....those are excellent reference photos, even if the price of 3,500 USD is a bit out-there! :eek:

Now...can you find a similar listing for Johnny Depp's windowpane coat from Public Enemies? :)
Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner