Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Road to Perdition, Tom Hanks Polo Coat - NEED HELP!!!

Donny Brasco

New in Town
pretty fuckin insignificant actually...

can't a guy catch a break?

at any rate, just scored a nice black peacoat from Sterlingwear of Boston - can anyone say Boondock Saints?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Unfortunately the sleeves on this one are too short for me,but stylewise, it comes pretty close.

IMG_4511.jpg

Donny Brasco

New in Town
Glum because I can't find this polo-style coat that Hanks wears.

It doesn't help much that I have a 48 inch chest.

Maybe I should diet down, because pretty much all these vintage coats on eBay are cut for matchstick men....lol.

I just threw down the gauntlet to the folks at filmjackets....let's see if they step up.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Donny,
I hate to sound negative, but unless your willing to drop some MAJOR coin for a custom job your size, then it ain't gonna happen....that coat will have to be reverse-engineered from some kind of existing piece, and then those resulting patterns modified to closely match the Hank's article, and then it will have to be custom-made...all of which is time-consuming, and none of which will be cheap....;)...I'm estimating in the range of 1,500 to 2,500 USD for that type of work and materials...
Rob

Donny Brasco

New in Town
Man, I wish they could make the Sterlingwear Pea Coat a full length and cuff the sleeves - then it would be REALLY close. It has the nice wide lapel and heavy feel. Very warm coat.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
That things been for sale for several years now; no wonder it's still available, at that outrageous price! :eek:

Meanwhile, the hunt for a suitable doppelganger continues....:)

Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner