Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robin and the 7 Hoods

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It is on HD Theater all of the time. I have clicked to it and watched for a few minutes, but have never seen the whole thing. Dean Martin has a very nice high crown 30s style hat.

It should have been, and still could be a Broadway musical. If it had been on stage before film, it would certainly have become a Great American Theater classic, in league with Guys and Dolls, Damn Yankees, and all the rest from the 40s-50s. The Kahn/Van Heusen score is near-perfect, and that's about as good a review as I give for any musical, because even my favorite shows have a clunker or two.

The best scene probably is Davis' 'Bang Bang'. He dances and sings the hell out of that number. The choreography with the machine gun as he trashes the club is brilliant.

The costuming was great too, and I nicked the combination of brown suit/purple shirt from it, which really works. I always wanted to find the three-piece that Sammy wore, the one with the low scoop/rounded collar waistcoat.

I had read that Clooney bought the rights to this too, but no word yet on the remake. Hopefuly, he'll drop the whole idea, but I really would like to see a stage version of it sometime.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Well, Giacomo you just brought up a question that has probably been asked for 42 years; why has this never been on stage?lol Now, some guy is surfing the net, comes across The Lounge, reads your post and puts it on Broadway.:eek: and makes a ton of money.

I hope Clooney nixes his idea about doing a remake. I didn't like Ocean's 11 or 12 and I'd hate to see this redone in some type of contemporary hip hop rap version set in Compton like Carmen Jones was done recently.:eek: Can anyone imagine Puffy Diddly, K-Fed and Iced Tea as Robbo and his gang? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Any remake must be done in the 1920's-1930's. Another line I like from this film was in the beginning at the funeral and Robbo says; "I remember the first words he said to me. I was taking the hub caps off of his car and he told me; "hey kid don't mess with just the hub caps take the whole car"lol Yeah, it would be just awful to see a modern remake with George Clooney driving around in a black Escalade with 22's.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran