Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roll Call!!!! Show/Tell Us What You Got!!!!

robrinay

One Too Many
Alexander Leathers Spiegel Brown Steer
Aero Highwayman Black Steer
Aero Dustbowl Brown Kudu
Aero ANJ4
Aero 'Brando' Motorcycle Jacket Heavy fqhh
Aero Veste De Rallye Cherry Horse
Aero HG5 Brown Horse
ELC Star Sportswear A2
Gibson And Barnes Civil G1
Civil M422/M422a Hybrid 1970's
Schott Multipanel Biker
Lesco Cafe Racer Brown Steer
Barbour International
Barbour Solway Zipper
Belstaff Blue Trialmaster
Aquascutum Short Trench Coat Black
Burberry Short Trench Coat
Burberry Long Trench Coat
Burberry Single Breasted Mac
Brioni Leather Coat
Drizabone
.......and to complete the collection (or so I keep telling my wife), a Baracuta G9 Harrington- in Royal Blue (on it's way soon from eBay).

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Did I interpret this correctly? - That Aero can source Shinki horsehide from Japan? I can't find anything on their website about this...Is it the 2 oz jerky horsehide?

It was a one-off. Made from a piece Ken brought up from their stock room. I'm not really sure of the weight, but it is mid-weight deep, deep seal colour - almost black. I'm not sure if you'd describe it as jerky, but I suppose it's something similar. It's a great jacket for this time of year.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Where is brother butte? Haven't seen much of him lately?
Scott last posted on the FL 12/30/13. I have not communicated with him lately but strongly suspect the reason that he appears to have chosen not to participate on the FL, at least for the time being. IMO our loss.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The jacket lists in this thread are truly amazing!!!! Many here have been devout collectors of military inspired jackets for many years. I am genuinely in awe of your collections. The origins of my jacket obsession are a bit different and, therefore, my collection is considerably less focused and more eclectic than those who have previously posted. That said, my more recent acquisitions reflect a meaningful evolution in my addiction, with Himel, RMC and Eastman pushing aside brands I previously cherished.

The following are some of my jackets, listed in alphabetical order:

Bally, brown Nappa lamb
Buzz Rickson / William Gibson N-1, black jungle cloth
Carol & Company brown lamp suede
Eastman ELMC Californian (on order), American Walnut Warhorse HH
Freewheelers Brodovitch blue/black wool
Gallotti car coat, brown lamb suede
Grown & Sewn chore, tan cotton
Himel Canuck (on order), seal brown Shinki HH
Himel Canuck (on order), black Shinki HH
Levis / Billy Reid chore, taupe
Loro Piana Horsey, black deerskin
Loro Piana Horsey, brown suede
LVC Buco, black cowhide
LVC Menlo, black sheepskin
LVC 1940, brown sheepskin
Rag & Bone Buco, brown lamb
Ralph Lauren Black Label motorcycle, brown cotton
Ralph Lauren Purple Label brown reindeer suede
Ralph Lauren Purple Label brown lamb
Real McCoys Buco J-100, black Shinki HH
Relwen, gray cotton
Roberto Pierguidi, brown cowhide
RRL Moto, brown Italian cowhide
RRL motorcycle, black waxed cotton
RRL chore, blue cotton
Schott Work, blue canvas
Sulka car coat, brown deerskin
Sulka car coat, black lamb
Varvatos Buco, gray lamb suede
Vetra chore, brown cotton
Vetra chore, grey cotton
West Is Dead duffle, tan waxed duck canvas
Zegna, brown cashmere

technovox

One Too Many
It was a one-off. Made from a piece Ken brought up from their stock room. I'm not really sure of the weight, but it is mid-weight deep, deep seal colour - almost black. I'm not sure if you'd describe it as jerky, but I suppose it's something similar. It's a great jacket for this time of year.

Nice! I love that hide. I only wish Aero offered it...

I suppose that's the advantage of being able to visit the Aero showroom in person.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice! I love that hide. I only wish Aero offered it...

I recently communicated with Aero re Shinki . . . Aero said they are considering offering Shinki, but they do not understand why people exalt the hide. Based on their response, I kinda doubt Shinki will be offered by Aero anytime soon.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think if they could get the stuff they used on mine, they'd be into it [huh] To me, it's got that same x factor - a combination of colour and patina - that draws people to Horween's CXL.

Last edited:
What's it look like after a year Sloan?
Butte was supposed to show me his, but we haven't heard from him in some time....Anyone know what happened to him?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
You'll find Butte at the Gustin Community site, he's kinda taken a break from the FL for the foreseeable future.
As far as the DB goes, it's taken on really nice lustre - though it's far darker than the pic suggests:

technovox

One Too Many
I also am a long term sufferer of OJS ..... I'll stick just to those which may interest the FLer's

Leathers .......

Aero - 6 ( 2004 LHB, 1998 and 2002 VDR, 2006 Highwayman, 2007 Californian, 2008 1950's HB)

I'm curious about the Aero Californian. It doesn't come up very often and I don't see it on Aero's website. I'm wondering if they discontinued it? Re-named it something else?

Discontinued.
it was nice, simple & without a chest pocket. It did have straps on the sleeves if I remember correctly.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Well, you can look on these lists as either inspiriational or cautionary tales - for the latter, Mr I-have-separate-buildings-for-my-wardrobe, I'm looking at you...:D Mind you, next time the missus moans about another jacket, you've become my first line of defence.

Good point. I am still ecstatic over ordering my first jacket. These lists are incredibly impressive. I doubt I'd ever own so many myself… but I am young, who knows?;)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
WOW!! This thread is quite a shocker. In my view I've felt that 4 leather jackets is excessive, that 3 is a workable number but that 2 is better.

4 is the most I've ever had at any one point, but now all I have are an Aero original hercules in black FQHH and an AL roadster in heavy oil pull steer. What a lightweight!

Future wishlist includes a Diamond Dave cafe racer in brown shinki, a BK hercules in victory horsehide and something from AL in their black goatskin..

So sensible S, I have 2 homes to store things in. I had so many I didn't count them anymore. Maybe 50 in total. Now down to around 15. I think.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Good point. I am still ecstatic over ordering my first jacket. These lists are incredibly impressive. I doubt I'd ever own so many myself… but I am young, who knows?;)

Errr don't you think we ALL started out feeling the SAME way you do? No one goes into this thinking "I'll become obsessed with leather jackets till they're bursting out of the closets"!!!! We all thought that we could "control it". Sigh... :D

Worf

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Dave, when I was younger, I owned very few clothes and tended to wear them out. However, as I have gotten older, I have tended to find more and more "bargains" with the birth of the internet and now tire of things long before they wear out. There have been several articles in the Dallas Morning News yesterday and today about a 67 y/o man whose dead body was finally discovered in his home, buried in a pile of debris and essentially hidden within articles of clothing, etc. that he had hoarded. Here's hoping that I am not someday found dead encompassed within a pile of leather jackets and other stuff I have acquired. :eeek:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Errr don't you think we ALL started out feeling the SAME way you do? No one goes into this thinking "I'll become obsessed with leather jackets till they're bursting out of the closets"!!!! We all thought that we could "control it". Sigh... :D

Worf

Exactly. That's why I added the "who knows." I am worried my closet will be overflowing in the future… with both shoes/boots AND jackets!

devilish

A-List Customer
The highlights are as follows: GW Dubow 20960, GW A-1(Test Jacket), soon to arrive GW L.W. Foster G-1, Eastman x Heritage Research A-2 and two Buzz Rickson B-15C Mods. There would have been a few more but I just sold a bunch I wasn't wearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran