Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rounded-collar shirts

volatile

A-List Customer

Do you all approve of round collar shirts? I really like the unusual look of them, but can never quite place them chronologically. That one above is from a 60's repro store, but I've seen rounded collars paired with 30s outfits as well...

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
If you can make that look work, then why the heck not? This gets into my own personal issue about the 60's Since I was in my youth during the 60's, psychologically I have a hard time accepting that era as "Vintage". There are several people who love that era here on the Lounge. It's a perpetual battle in my mind to refrain from going "GAK!" over the styles of that period. I must say, I think I'm making real progress. I just rediscovered a couple of ties I got in High School, around 1963. They're about an inch and a quarter wide. I've actually entertained the idea of wearing them some time (!).
So if you like that shirt style, put together an outfit, take a picture and post it!

volatile

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:
club collar shirts look great. Especially if they have eyelets for a collar bar. If you're (generic FLounger) a size 15 1/2 you missed out on a 1930s example on eBay last night. So did I . . . :cry:

bk

I am indeed a 15 1/2... how generic! That site is out-of-stock in my size; can you recommend any other webstores?

Lionheart

One of the Regulars
volatile said:
Do you all approve of round collar shirts? I really like the unusual look of them, but can never quite place them chronologically. That one above is from a 60's repro store, but I've seen rounded collars paired with 30s outfits as well...

I always liked club collars - I purchased 2 of them earlier this year from a Brooks Brothers outlet. I usually pair club collar shirts with a collar bar. I think that look works well.

Jovan

Suspended
volatile said:
I just looked at the Brooks Brother's ones you mentioned in the other thread - I just wish I could afford an £80 shirt right now!

Anywhere else online that stocks cheaper ones? Even if they are polyester...
Huh? It cost me about 20USD, which would be about 40GBP for you. It was from eBay, though the seller is based in the States, so it could be a problem.

Cufflinks

New in Town
I like wearing rounded white collar shirts. There is a shirtmaker in NYC who makes them. I am wearing one in my avatar. I think they are very stylish. I am wearing one with a bolo tie, ( I know) but it was for an event in TEXAS, lol.

Feraud

Bartender
A few round collar shirts
DSC06769.jpg

DSC06770.jpg

DSC06771.jpg

DSC06772.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot