Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rounding Jacks for Sale

Bill Greene

One of the Regulars
Hi. I'm a woodworker ( I build guitars). I got into hatmaking and made myself a rounding jack (after a little trial and error). Inevitably, I made 7 which I'm now selling. I have both black walnut and quartersawn mahogany.

These are probably not the exact quality of those that regularly sell for $300-400 each, but they are very close. And there are some advantages to mine:

1: Mine use a #11 exacto blade, vs a standard razor knife blade, which means mine are ambidextrous.
2: Mine are much less expensive, which means you can get your money back out of them if you so choose.
3: Mine use a ruler whose gauge is exact to each individual rounding jack. Set the gauge to the exact brim width you wish, and it is accurate. No guessing required.
4: Mine include a cork/hardwood blade guard so your blade stays sharp between uses.

Only one of mine has a dimensional brim attachment, but I can add that for more money, no problem. Mine are $100 dollars for a regular rounding jack, and $150 if you just have to have the dimensional attachment, all shipping is included, assuming continental US. I did NOT make any of the nice stands that match the rounding jacks, sorry. I make hats (hobby only) and these were made for tools, not for show. They work perfectly, however.

Here are some photos:

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner