Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Russet Badalassi Patina

zebedee

One Too Many
I have the now not-unfamiliar urge for a new jacket. Does anyone have pictures of the patina this develops or how it fades over time?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Look up the badalassi forum, @AerGuitar has a 1 year old russet board racer. @Robbie79 also has a russet badalassi jacket but I haven't seen him post an update of that in a while now. It looks to me like it darkened a shade or two over that time but still pretty red/orange tinge to me.

zebedee

One Too Many
Look up the badalassi forum, @AerGuitar has a 1 year old russet board racer. @Robbie79 also has a russet badalassi jacket but I haven't seen him post an update of that in a while now. It looks to me like it darkened a shade or two over that time but still pretty red/orange tinge to me.

I'm thinking maybe a Half Belt deluxe in it and quite want it to fade...

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

i only handed samples, not worn a jacket made out of it, but for what its worth, the badalassi is no accelerated aging leather like CLX.. it‘s fairly tough. won‘t fade quick.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

This may not be the leather you are looking for that application, the leather is so packed with oils/wax what have you that it's so rich and it seems like it will only darken with wear. They do have the new midweight horsehide called Kelpie and that will teacore, they have the seal brown Kelpie that has a lot of red undertones

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

Adence

Familiar Face
Loungers, we need more information on aged Russet Badalassi - ahem, at least I do, ordered an Aeromarine in this hide a couple weeks ago

Adence

Familiar Face
Thanks, yes, plenty of threads, but a very low number of sample jackets with Russet Badalassi @Robbie79 twotone, @AerGuitar s pure Russet BR and the Teamster of @Robson.

I was hoping for more samples and specifically aged ones.

Still wonder whether to switch to Tobacco. I like the Russet in my sample and wanted more separation from my Vic Dark Seal HH. However, we do not know much about aging and the reddish tone could easily become borderline, I imagine.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
It's a fairly new leather and with how members have multiple jackets it will take a long while before we truly see any significant aging on them. @AerGuitar seems to be the one who wears his russet board racer the most so his jacket will have the most wear

The russet is orangey red and the tobacco is a rich medium dark brown. I think the dark Seal Vic is way darker and more flat than the tobacco badalassi. My tobacco Bootlegger hasn't changed much but cuff darkened a little over the 8 months I've had it

nick123

I'll Lock Up
It's a fairly new leather and with how members have multiple jackets it will take a long while before we truly see any significant aging on them. @AerGuitar seems to be the one who wears his russet board racer the most so his jacket will have the most wear

The russet is orangey red and the tobacco is a rich medium dark brown. I think the dark Seal Vic is way darker and more flat than the tobacco badalassi. My tobacco Bootlegger hasn't changed much but cuff darkened a little over the 8 months I've had it

Dark seal Vic seems to be dyed all the way through, but it’s aniline I think so it’ll show some natural color fluctuations? It definitely has some subtle red hues to it. Must say, this surface wear looks promising! The colored (olives, whites, navys) seem to all be flat but the Vic brown shades seem to al be quite lustrous, although subtly so. On close inspection one can tell it’s really quality leather. Most of it’s quasi-goat grainy as in the pic, which may not be to everyone’s liking though.
6BD3BA76-ED4F-4B37-84D2-9121EB5E0F66.jpeg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Dark seal Vic seems to be dyed all the way through, but it’s aniline I think so it’ll show some natural color fluctuations? It definitely has some subtle red hues to it. Must say, this surface wear looks promising! The colored (olives, whites, navys) seem to all be flat but the Vic brown shades seem to al be quite lustrous, although subtly so. On close inspection one can tell it’s really quality leather. Most of it’s quasi-goat grainy as in the pic, which may not be to everyone’s liking though.
View attachment 334556
I'm sure the dark seal will look better with wear, I quite like the seal brown Vic. The fit jacket I had is nowhere close to the example photo you shared. Is that embossed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB