Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saddle Oxfords

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Likes so far...

The ones I've liked so far from what I've seen have been the Dexter Campus
147246.jpg

And this Stewart-Marshall offering at Muffy's
107.JPG

They're both around the same price, so it's a toss up. The Polo saddle shoes were mentioned, but I haven't been able to scare up a source on the web for them at all. I just love the reddish color of the saddle piece.
pPOLO1-1525846_lifeorstandard_v330.jpg

I take it Polo isn't making them any more. Sounded like they may have been a good choice. They would go great with a seersucker suit or even some natural colored linen trousers.

Cheers!

Dan

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I went to Nordstrom to look at their saddle shoes and the salesman suggested that they would look better on an older man than myself and brought out a pair of ECCO shoes for me to try on.

Riiiiggghhttt....

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Yikes...

Ooohh! Not a good salesman. He needs a few good how to's on pleasing the customer. Did you happen to view any of the Dexter Campus saddle shoes? What is the finish of the leather like? Smooth or velvetty suede?

Cheers!

Dan

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Wondered if anyone would ask

jamespowers said:
Ok, now what's in the box?;)

La Gloria Cubana, Padron, La Aroma De Cuba, Rocky Patel, and miscellaneous from "sampler packs" I turned out not to like.

In the background is the penguin martini shaker from Resotration Hardware, and it's all sitting on a 1923 Victrola 210.

scotrace said:
La Gloria Cubana, Padron, La Aroma De Cuba, Rocky Patel, and miscellaneous from "sampler packs" I turned out not to like.

In the background is the penguin martini shaker from Resotration Hardware, and it's all sitting on a 1923 Victrola 210.

Send the first four and you can keep the sampler packs. I'll have a martini but don't use the shaker. :p
Very good taste in cigars. All of those are my favorites as well. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Thanks Bud

If I make it to the Queen Mary this year (and I hope to have Sharpey in tow), we'll have a Padron together. It's my favorite by far - the only one that is darn near perfect every time. The aroma is, in my opinion, exactly what a cigar should smell like.

DanielJones said:
James: Interesting. I have yet to see a vest with the peaked lapels. Do you have an example to show? Possibly with & without the suit coat? Would love to see that.Dan
Ther are pictures in a thread on Waistcoasts in one of the other sections.

At the Baron Boutique web site they list some suits, if you click on a suit, like the DB suit there is a highlighted word vests, click on it and it will bring up about 10 different vest styles including a DB vest with peak lapels and I think shawl lapels.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Scotrace,
Excellent aquisition. I have a pair of the Polos as well and love 'em to death. Very comfortable. Great for the Fourth of July.
Incindentally I wore mine to Yankee Stadium on the 4th of July 2003 with a seersucker suit and boater. Many quizzical looks but non-disapproving. Misfortune struck and the Red Sox crushed the Yanks. If I remember correctly David Wells was lit up for five runs, gave up three homers and the score ended something like 9-2. I don't wear that attire to the Stadium anymore.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
The box alone is a nice find for ifindit. The shoes look a little rough for deadstock. Is the seam split at the back or do my eyes deceive me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland