Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saggy pants are obscene

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i'm not sure i'd class it as an obscenity, but i will never understand why anyone ever thought that having half their undwerwear showing and their jeans permanently on the brink of collapse looked cool. genuinely one of the worst fashion trends in recent memory.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
I always get this insane desire to go up and just yank 'em all the rest of the way down. Never done it, but I can dream! lol

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi Folks,

Many of the defendants who come into my court wear their pants this way and they are generally the macho gangsta types. I often wonder if they knew the origins of this practice, would they continue dressing as they do.

You see, I have been told by some very credible former inmates that the practice of wearing one's pants low around the hips began years ago in prison---as a signal of one's availability.

Atticus

Atticus Finch said:
Hi Folks,

Many of the defendants who come into my court wear their pants this way and they are generally the macho gangsta types. I often wonder if they knew the origins of this practice, would they continue dressing as they do.

You see, I have been told by some very credible former inmates that the practice of wearing one's pants low around the hips began years ago in prison---as a signal of one's availability.

Atticus

You've been told right. I doubt they understand but if the defendants get thrown into the can, they will find out soon enough. :eusa_doh: :eek:

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I like to watch competitive skateboarding: the skateboarders are graceful, agile and athletic, yet seem to have some modesty in their attitudes. I just wish the modesty would extend to their clothing.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Atticus Finch said:
Hi Folks,

Atticus

Check this out.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RedHotRidinHood said:
I always get this insane desire to go up and just yank 'em all the rest of the way down. Never done it, but I can dream! lol

I actually saw this happen three times...the victim gets embarrassed (obviously) and tries to run after the perpetrator without realizing everything's in a tangle around his ankles, and ends up flailing around on the ground like a fish out of water, with the crowd (each time was in a shopping mall) laughing and clapping and pointing. If you do want to give it a try, the flailing and flopping part leaves you plenty of time for a getaway.

I'm told it's more fun to see such depantsing done by a Marine in full dress blues "accidentally" just "happening" to step on the dragging cuff...lol

The transition from "what [unmentionable] did this to me?!" to "Umm, oops..." must be a Kodak moment for sure, for me it's just gotta remain an amusing mental picture... There was some comment about this over on the LawDog Files blog a while back, which is my source.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Just a couple days ago, I saw a young man wearing baggy pants with the top below his bottom. Unfortunately, I'd decided to drive sans AC and had the windows open, so I had to stifle a short, barking laugh.

. . . For a while.

Lee

"Everything's funny if you wait long enough." - Kinky Friedman

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
First they came for those wearing saggy pants and I said nothing because mine weren't saggy.
Then they came for those wearing enormous T-shirts and I said nothing because I only wore collared shirts that fit.
Then they came for me because I wore a fedora and there was no one to speak up for me...

Ha ha,just kidding,go ahead and throw the saggy buggers in the can!:)

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Reminds me when I was at my high school (visiting) and one of the students bent down ot pick something up. His underwear was showing and I said, "you do know your underwear is showing, right?". "Yes" he said. "And you don't mind that?" says I. He didn't respond. But I am not one to complain about baggy pants. I wore them myself. I wore my gym shorts to the point where my underwear was showing. I know how it is see? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24