Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorial Guilty Pleasures

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
I was never able to get a picture of my "random pinch" tie dimple like I mentioned in the thread, To Dimple or not to Dimple?, but while I was trying, I saw a certain tie in my collection that reminded me of a thread I've been wanting to start for a few months now, but was always too lazy to take pictures for. So, here it is.

It's silly, dumb, and definitely a little tacky, but I love to wear this tie every once in a great while -- always at work, never at anything more "proper" like a wedding or somesuch (I remember a friend wearing a Looney Tunes tie at a wedding earlier this year, and then gently poking fun at me for getting a good deal of my clothes at thrift stores -- if I hadn't known he was joking, I'd have wanted to smack him. lol).

Anyhow, I digress. Here's my tacky tie:

spongebob_tie.jpg

spongebob_tie_in_action.jpg

As modern ties go, it's actually not too bad. It's really long (of course), but the material is fairly thin, so I can tie a pretty dense knot to eat up some material without it looking like a clown tie. In fact, here's the knot I had on in the picture above, with my hand (and a screenplay) for size comparison:

spongebob_tie_knot.jpg

Believe it or not, that's actually two full Windsor knots -- I looped the tie four times before finally wrapping it around to finish the knot. I've had four-in-hands on some modern ties that are bigger than that!

This tie finds its way out of my closet about once every four months or so -- just enough to be fun without going overboard.

Does anybody else have some of what I've decided to call Sartorial Guilty Pleasures? Things that might not be in the greatest taste or even fashion, but are just fun to throw on every once in a while as a lark? A cartoon tie, an outlandishly-colored hat? Things that you would previously never, ever have admitted to? ;)

-Tofu

(P.S., I hope at least somebody does, or I'm going to look really, really silly lol)

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
Sefton said:
You can find other Sartorial Sinners (or Saints) here:http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=25666

*bashes his head repeatedly on the desk* It would figure there'd already be a thread about it, in a part of the forum that I never visit, due to time constraints from work and home life. Bad, Tofu. Baad.

Bartenders, feel free to merge, edit, move, or fingerwag. :)

Sefton said:
...and I give that tie 4 (Patrick)Stars!;)

Thanks! :)

-Tofu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy