Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott leather jacket ID

gaseousclay

Familiar Face
schott-zipped-leather-jacket.jpg

I came across this jacket via Pinterest and was wondering if any of you can ID it for me? The Pinterest post only had it listed as a "Schott zipped leather jacket" and that it was pinned via Mr Porter. So my guess is that this coat was at one time offered via the mrporter.com site. I didn't see it on the Schott site either.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412130360.218047.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412130360.218047.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:

robrinay

One Too Many
Its hard to tell as the definition of the picture is low but it might be a Schott multipanel racer. Himel brothers have had them in their used section over the years. Schott US made them in the 50s and 60s and Schott Europe re-released them more recently. Lesco made a very similar jacket and all of these turn up occasionally on eBay. Search for. 'Schott multipanel racer' to see pics of that style - e.g.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sc...70s-cafe-racer-super-thick-leather%2F;652;600

But on reflection its different as the chest zips slant the opposite way.
Rob

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yep. Looks like an earlier version of their trucker half belt; Japanese market. Different chest pocket.

If Schott sold a half-belt at around $700 I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

img58587888.jpg

Last edited:
Legendary USA sells the jacket you have posted. (Although sans red liner)
In horsehide they call it a tracker jacket. But it looks like the same jacket in cowhide is called a casual weekend jacket.

Don't know if anyone here has dealt with them before, but my own experience was 110% top notch. When I ordered my 118 from them several years back they were out if my size. The sales guy recommended I go a size up, but that would have put me into a higher price bracket. Since they didn't have my size I was looking for he let me off the hook for the upcharge and even offered to eat the return shipping if it didn't fit. Turns out the bigger one fit pretty well.

Last edited:

gaseousclay

Familiar Face
thanks for the responses. I've reattached a better image. the one I posted earlier was from my iphone so the pic quality was pretty bad

gaseousclay

Familiar Face
I really like the style of the Schott jacket I posted, but, i'm not big on the half-belt look. Are there any jackets like the Schott one I posted without the half belt? I prefer a leather jacket with collar. I don't really care for the moto collar I see on a lot of jackets

IXL

One Too Many
Legendary USA sells the jacket you have posted. (Although sans red liner)
In horsehide they call it a tracker jacket. But it looks like the same jacket in cowhide is called a casual weekend jacket.

Don't know if anyone here has dealt with them before, but my own experience was 110% top notch. When I ordered my 118 from them several years back they were out if my size. The sales guy recommended I go a size up, but that would have put me into a higher price bracket. Since they didn't have my size I was looking for he let me off the hook for the upcharge and even offered to eat the return shipping if it didn't fit. Turns out the bigger one fit pretty well.

I've dealt with them several times, to good conclusion. With the exception of one conversation with a snotty little girl, concerning the mouton collar size error on their website, they have been most helpful. Oh, and they did correct the website shortly after being informed of the error.

They do run specials from time to time.

Edward

Bartender
I really like the style of the Schott jacket I posted, but, i'm not big on the half-belt look. Are there any jackets like the Schott one I posted without the half belt? I prefer a leather jacket with collar. I don't really care for the moto collar I see on a lot of jackets

Worth having a look through the Aero catalogue; you might like the Hgihwayman (their top seller, I believe), though the Sheen would also appeal if you fancy something with a neater cut but still plainer design. Lewis Leathers also have a fair few options in this sort of style (see, e.g., Dominator, Corsair, amog others). www.lewisleathers.co.uk

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Here is the archive page on the Mr Porter Website along with close up images (On view product detail link) if that's any help - http://www.mrporter.com/mens/clothing/coats_and_jackets/leather_jackets?soldOutId=327001

Looks like they had it for sale in 2013

Theres a post here with more info http://www.highsnobiety.com/2013/07/19/schott-nyc-for-mr-porter-capsule-collection/

"Iconic New York leather jacket brand Schott NYC has produced a capsule collection for retailer MR PORTER. Featuring some of their most iconic pieces, such as the Perfecto leather biker jacket, the collection also includes some great modern silhouettes, including pebbled leather bomber jacket and a slim-fit leather trucker jacket."

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

It isn't a half-belt if it's the 689H Tracker as suggested by DH66. It's a slim fitting short jacket with a back similar to a Vanson Enfield. Check out the Legendary USA website. Only problem is if you're over five feet ten they are very short at 25 inches back length.

Back:

SCHOTT BACK.jpg

The Schott weekender has a similar front but has a three piece back and is a baggy fit.

voccion64

New in Town
schott-zipped-leather-jacket.jpg

I came across this jacket via Pinterest and was wondering if any of you can ID it for me? The Pinterest post only had it listed as a "Schott zipped leather jacket" and that it was pinned via Mr Porter. So my guess is that this coat was at one time offered via the mrporter.com site. I didn't see it on the Schott site either.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This jacket is a limited edition Schott 689h. Please let me know if you are still interested in this jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic