Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott NYC "Perfecto" + Restoration Hardware Jacket - (SMALL / $1,000 + shipping)

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Oh man, that sucks. Interesting though about the sleeve length, most people complain that their jacket sleeves are too short, but yours are too long.
I've always thought that was interesting, too. I see a lot of beautiful jackets on this site that seem to fit perfectly, except the sleeves go halfway down the guy's hand. Ever since I was a kid, that's driven me nuts. In my opinion, a sleeve should stop exactly at the wrist.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
It's Schott HQ in NJ that'll do it, not the individual stores. It's them you'd contact, however for something as simple as this I can't imagine a local leather shop would be incapable of the adjustment.
I called the guy that the Schott store recommended, and he told me that he'd have to shorten the sleeve zippers to make it happen. Like, literally destroy the Talon zippers. I whispered "thank you" and slowly hung up the phone.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I called the guy that the Schott store recommended, and he told me that he'd have to shorten the sleeve zippers to make it happen. Like, literally destroy the Talon zippers. I whispered "thank you" and slowly hung up the phone.

Yeah, definitely not! Have you called Cal-Leather?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No, but I'll definitely look into them. Do you recommend?

They're one of the original big names in leather jackets. Their police jacket is what we usually call a CHP style jacket today, worn by many famous riders over the years like James Dean. I think they still make police jackets to this day, but I'm not sure.

In any case, I feel like a still-going 'heritage' leather company is more likely to get your requirements here than most! This recent thread shows their workshop, which I'd love to visit. Complete with a post about preserving a Talon zipper!

Motocann

One Too Many
Yeah, I was going to say that, when you have zippers on the sleeves it makes it complicated. Honestly, if I were you I wouldn't touch the jacket. My suggestion is: Just take your time and shop around for a jacket that fits you right. mostly all the leather motorcycle jackets I own, the sleeves stop right at the wrist. There's a reason for that... form follows function! Other style leathers, like car coats and Truckers can usually be a bit longer in the sleeves.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
They're one of the original big names in leather jackets. Their police jacket is what we usually call a CHP style jacket today, worn by many famous riders over the years like James Dean. I think they still make police jackets to this day, but I'm not sure.

In any case, I feel like a still-going 'heritage' leather company is more likely to get your requirements here than most! This recent thread shows their workshop, which I'd love to visit. Complete with a post about preserving a Talon zipper!
Thanks for this information! Same appreciation goes to you, Merv.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Hello Everyone,

I've attached photos (with measurements) of my Schott NYC/Restoration Hardware collaboration jacket. As you can see, the brown unlined cowhide is in excellent condition. This is an extremely rare piece, so if you're interested, please don't hesitate to write me a private message so that we can work out the details. I accept PayPal.

Oh, and if you seem like a nice person, then I'll happily throw in a never-before-worn J.Crew brown corduroy trucker jacket with similar measurements. That said, if you seem like the opposite of a nice person...well........then I'll just keep my trucker jacket forever. The choice is yours.

Thanks, Max

View attachment 308576

View attachment 308551 View attachment 308552 View attachment 308557 View attachment 308560 View attachment 308563 View attachment 308564 View attachment 308565 View attachment 308566 View attachment 308567 View attachment 308568
Bump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui