Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Style 618 in Brown Leather.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Just received my 2016 Made Schott Style 618 in Dark Brown Leather. I have owned the same jacket a few years ago but sold it was too small. This one is larger a size 52.
Really nice like new condition with no scratches or wear. It was a little dry in spots don’t know if previous owner got it wet so I very lightly used my Pecard Brown Leather Conditioner. Did a Great Job. I usually use Bick 4 but decided on the Pecards.
The only thing is I wish the belt buckle side had the snap to hold onto the jacket like my Style 626. Think I might send to Jerri over at Schott Repair Dept. I have sent other jackets to them with perfect results.

Attachments

• IMG_5507.jpeg
    IMG_5507.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_5508.jpeg
    IMG_5508.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_5504.jpeg
    IMG_5504.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 244

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Looks great Peter! I have a 618hh down at Schott getting the snap you mentioned and a new collar. Jerri is a big help!

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
That’s Great! What collar a fur collar?
She is the Best!
I’m actually getting the original collar replaced. It‘s a black 618hh that I bought used. Everything was in really good condition except the collar which seemed quite thin and brittle. Not sure if it was just a bum piece of horsehide used on the collar or if the prior owner used some kind of personal grooming product (rogaine, cologne or ??) but it seemed really out of place on an otherwise spectacular jacket. I took some pics so I’ll probably do a before and after post when it get it back. Jerri was cool about fixing it for me!

Your comment about the mouton collar has me wondering why I just didn’t cover it up with one of those lol.

Viking752

Practically Family
I’m actually getting the original collar replaced. It‘s a black 618hh that I bought used. Everything was in really good condition except the collar which seemed quite thin and brittle. Not sure if it was just a bum piece of horsehide used on the collar or if the prior owner used some kind of personal grooming product (rogaine, cologne or ??) but it seemed really out of place on an otherwise spectacular jacket. I took some pics so I’ll probably do a before and after post when it get it back. Jerri was cool about fixing it for me!

Your comment about the mouton collar has me wondering why I just didn’t cover it up with one of those lol.
Resurrecting an old thread. Was wondering how the new collar turned out and if you had pics?

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Looks Perfect! Great Job!
Thanks Peter, I was really happy with it! Not that I’m looking forward to asking Jerri for something else, but I’d kind of like to have them replace the belt on this one. It’s almost comically thin and floppy compared to my other Perfectos. Hopefully I can talk her into it. If she agrees, I’ll post how much they’re charging for a (horsehide) belt replacement.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Thanks Peter, I was really happy with it! Not that I’m looking forward to asking Jerri for something else, but I’d kind of like to have them replace the belt on this one. It’s almost comically thin and floppy compared to my other Perfectos. Hopefully I can talk her into it. If she agrees, I’ll post how much they’re charging for a (horsehide) belt replacement.
Hi
Sounds Great Keep Me/Us here posted.

Viking752

Practically Family

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Schott charged me $85 to shorten my sleeves which was beyond reasonable based on some other companies I saw, mind me asking what that new collar cost?
I just looked and the check that I included in the box when I sent it down was for $195. That was for the new collar, adding a belt snap and return shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner