Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Style 618 in Brown Leather.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Just received my 2016 Made Schott Style 618 in Dark Brown Leather. I have owned the same jacket a few years ago but sold it was too small. This one is larger a size 52.
Really nice like new condition with no scratches or wear. It was a little dry in spots don’t know if previous owner got it wet so I very lightly used my Pecard Brown Leather Conditioner. Did a Great Job. I usually use Bick 4 but decided on the Pecards.
The only thing is I wish the belt buckle side had the snap to hold onto the jacket like my Style 626. Think I might send to Jerri over at Schott Repair Dept. I have sent other jackets to them with perfect results.
Hello Peter! I'm interested in purchasing the same jacket (618 Perfecto Brown). Would you mind sharing your height, weight, etc? I'm not sure if I would need a size 50 or 52. My chest is right around 50", and I wear 38 or 40 waist in jeans. I'm 6'1... 245 pounds. Any insight? How's the fit? Thanks!

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hello Peter! I'm interested in purchasing the same jacket (618 Perfecto Brown). Would you mind sharing your height, weight, etc? I'm not sure if I would need a size 50 or 52. My chest is right around 50", and I wear 38 or 40 waist in jeans. I'm 6'1... 245 pounds. Any insight? How's the fit? Thanks!
Hi
I’m not with jacket now. When I get home I’ll send over some info. Thanks for asking would love to help you.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Hi
I’m not with jacket now. When I get home I’ll send over some info. Thanks for asking would love to help you.
No problem Peter. I was just wondering what your body specs are...since you ordered a 52. I wonder if we're similar in height/weight/waist, etc... that info would be helpful! Thank you! Rob Y.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Ok, understood. Thanks Peter.
Hi
So my chest measures 50” and Waist 44”.
Jacket pit to pit is 25”. Waist is 24 1/2”.
Sleeve is 25”. Shoulder is 21”.
It a Size 52 Regular it runs small. I also have a belly. It fits me very Good. I like the length it sits right below my waiste. Is there any way for you to go to a Store and try on this jacket.

Attachments

• IMG_6347.jpeg
    IMG_6347.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6345.jpeg
    IMG_6345.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6342.jpeg
    IMG_6342.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6343.jpeg
    IMG_6343.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6346.jpeg
    IMG_6346.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Hi
It a Size 52 Regular it runs small. I also have a belly. It fits me very Good. I like the length it sits right below my waiste. Is there any way for you to go to a Store and try on this jacket.
Thanks for all the info Peter. I ended up ordering the Schott 618 Perfecto in Brown - this morning. I'm local to Schott, so I should probably have the jacket tomorrow! I'll post some pics of the jacket and also how it fits. If it's a tad big, I may exchange for a size 50. But, I like to sometimes layer up when wearing my leather jackets...so going up one size probably wouldn't hurt too much. Stay tuned! Thanks for all the help Peter! --- Rob

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hi Rob
I
Thanks for all the info Peter. I ended up ordering the Schott 618 Perfecto in Brown - this morning. I'm local to Schott, so I should probably have the jacket tomorrow! I'll post some pics of the jacket and also how it fits. If it's a tad big, I may exchange for a size 50. But, I like to sometimes layer up when wearing my leather jackets...so going up one size probably wouldn't hurt too much. Stay tuned! Thanks for all the help Peter! --- Rob
I live on Staten Island. I guess you’re in New Jersy. I don’t ride a motorcycle but have been a big Fan of Schott. I am 66 now and when I was like 15 went to Delancy Street in NYC and bought a Bomber jacket. It was like $100.00. Delancy Street was Leather Heaven. I still have it today. Now that leather they were able to source is So Thick has to be double the thickness of my newer Bomber Jacket. So happy you bought the Brown 618. I’m sure it will fit.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Hi Rob
I

I live on Staten Island. I guess you’re in New Jersy. I don’t ride a motorcycle but have been a big Fan of Schott. I am 66 now and when I was like 15 went to Delancy Street in NYC and bought a Bomber jacket. It was like $100.00. Delancy Street was Leather Heaven. I still have it today. Now that leather they were able to source is So Thick has to be double the thickness of my newer Bomber Jacket. So happy you bought the Brown 618. I’m sure it will fit.
Yes sir... I'm in New Jersey. I used to live in Staten Island...for a few years. I was hoping to go on a Schott factory tour in Union, NJ... but they said they are not doing tours right now. This will be my third Schott jacket... I have two 530 Cafe Racer jackets... Black, and Brown. I love them both. I'm sure the 618 will be just as great. I purchased a cheap Perfecto knock off a few years back... genuine leather.... from an Amazon seller. Decent jacket, cheap, but feels nothing like a Schott jacket. So, I'm probably going to donate it since I'll never wear it again. Once you get real good leather, it's hard to go backwards.

Last edited:

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Hi
Just got my Perfecto 618 (Brown). Looks a little boxy, feels good across shoulders, but roomy in the waist a little. I like that I can add layers during these colder months. Just wondering if I should have sized down to a 50. I think a 50 would look better if wearing t-shirts.. but I plan on layering with it. I think it needs to break in so it will drape better. Kinda on the fence.

Attachments

• 20240106_123745.jpg
    20240106_123745.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 83
  • 20240106_123734.jpg
    20240106_123734.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 85

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Just got my Perfecto 618 (Brown). Looks a little boxy, feels good across shoulders, but roomy in the waist a little. I like that I can add layers during these colder months. Just wondering if I should have sized down to a 50. I think a 50 would look better if wearing t-shirts.. but I plan on layering with it. I think it needs to break in so it will drape better. Kinda on the fence.
Hi
It to me looks Great on You. If going to layer this is the Size. As you know it is almost impossible to have a Schott Jacket fit every aspect. The Color and Leather Quality Looks Beautiful. Thank You for sharing.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Hi
It to me looks Great on You. If going to layer this is the Size. As you know it is almost impossible to have a Schott Jacket fit every aspect. The Color and Leather Quality Looks Beautiful. Thank You for sharing.
Thanks Peter. I do like it, but I really wonder how a 50 would fit. I might order a 50 and see which one to send back. Gonna sleep on it. Thanks for all your help!

Attachments

• 20240105_151923.jpg
    20240105_151923.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
  • 20240105_151917.jpg
    20240105_151917.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • 20240105_151326.jpg
    20240105_151326.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 78

ryoreyjr

New in Town
How does it look zipped up?
Roomy.. I honestly feel like I can size down. Even if I wear a sweater, I think it can still work with a size 50. I currently have a size 52. These are pics with just a t-shirt.

Attachments

• 20240106_132136.jpg
    20240106_132136.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 74
  • 20240106_132145.jpg
    20240106_132145.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
  • 20240106_132218.jpg
    20240106_132218.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71

mumpy

A-List Customer
Yeah I think a size 50 would be a better fit overall but it is also down to preferences. This fit is not bad, depends on what you prefer!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

The break in thing is big. Sure, you could go down a size.

On the other hand I’ve found that Schott’s stiff horse and steer actually feel slimmer once broken in because the big panels of leather drape rather than stick out. I experienced this, then still ended up getting a similar jacket one size down because I doubted my own experience. The first jacket was correct.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
The break in thing is big. Sure, you could go down a size.

On the other hand I’ve found that Schott’s stiff horse and steer actually feel slimmer once broken in because the big panels of leather drape rather than stick out. I experienced this, then still ended up getting a similar jacket one size down because I doubted my own experience. The first jacket was correct.
So do you think I should size down or just allow it to break in and see how it drapes? I just feel like if I'm going to exchange it.. now is the time. Tags are still on the jacket. I just feel like almost every video I see on YouTube, people are wearing the jacket in a smaller, tighter size. I know it's preference, but I just fear the jacket will look bigger when it breaks in. No?

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hi. I understand your concerns. True the Leather from wearing does soften up and stretch. If free returns go for the smaller size. If you call Schott customer service they can tell you how much smaller in the different parts of the Jacket.
With me I have a Belly so I have to go up in size so I can zipper.
So here my story. I have been collecting Schott Jackets for years. I won Horsehide, Cowhide and Steerhide. I own most Styles in Sizes 46 to 52. One of My 141 in size 46 fits me go figure. My 626 in 3XL fits good every point but sleeves could be about 1” shorter.
It my Hobby. Most if not all are Second Hand but look New. I have great luck on EBay and Poshmark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR