Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Style 618 in Brown Leather.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Seems like you got the right size. Best thing to get it broken in is getting it wet and wearing it. You’ll soon have a great range of movement in it.
Thanks for the tips. I'm wearing it around the house now. Since it's too cold to wear now here in NJ, I figured some wear n tear in the house won't hurt! Again, very pleased with the decision made. Only flaw... wish it had a better inside pocket like my 530 Cafe Racers. But, I'm happy as a claim. Worth the wait.

Last edited:

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Thanks for the tips. I'm wearing it around the house now. Since it's too cold to wear now here in NJ, I figured some wear n tear in the house won't hurt! Again, very pleased with the decision made. Only flaw... wish it had a better inside pocket like my 530 Cafe Racers. But, I'm happy as a claim. Worh the wait.
That’s Great you like the size 50 better. It looks great on you. Don’t you just love the Color?

ryoreyjr

New in Town
That’s Great you like the size 50 better. It looks great on you. Don’t you just love the Color?
Yes, I think the size 50 is the better fit for me...even though I do like to wear some of my clothes a little loose. The 52 just didn't look "right" to me, being that the shoulders, back, and waist were just too roomy. The size 50 just has a bit more of a tailored look and feel. I'm very pleased. I have to thank Jerri Reyes again over at Schott for the sizing info/input and her great overall customer service. The exchange took 5 business days, and the 15th was actually a holiday (MLK Day). The color is great... even though black is the classic color, the brown just looks rich, different, and goes well with the brass zippers and snaps. I can't say it enough... I'm very pleased with this Schott Perfecto 618 in Brown!

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Yes, I think the size 50 is the better fit for me...even though I do like to wear some of my clothes a little loose. The 52 just didn't look "right" to me, being that the shoulders, back, and waist were just too roomy. The size 50 just has a bit more of a tailored look and feel. I'm very pleased. I have to thank Jerri Reyes again over at Schott for the sizing info/input and her great overall customer service. The exchange took 5 business days, and the 15th was actually a holiday (MLK Day). The color is great... even though black is the classic color, the brown just looks rich, different, and goes well with the brass zippers and snaps. I can't say it enough... I'm very pleased with this Schott Perfecto 618 in Brown!
I’m so happy it worked out for you. I Love the Brown 618 and still looking for Style 141 in Brown in the Second hand market. I read so many post every where that people find it so hard to get a good fit on a Schott Jacket. Every Style in same size is a different fit. I try and steer them to call Jerry at Schott. She is the best. A few years back there was a Woman who worked for Schott I think for 40 years but sadly she Passed Away Gail was her name she answered every day people’s questions on Schott Forum. Now nobody from Schott replays.
I never asked do you ride a Motorcycle? I do not.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
I’m so happy it worked out for you. I Love the Brown 618 and still looking for Style 141 in Brown in the Second hand market. I read so many post every where that people find it so hard to get a good fit on a Schott Jacket. Every Style in same size is a different fit. I try and steer them to call Jerry at Schott. She is the best. A few years back there was a Woman who worked for Schott I think for 40 years but sadly she Passed Away Gail was her name she answered every day people’s questions on Schott Forum. Now nobody from Schott replays.
I'm sure if you keep searching, you'll eventually find your 141 in brown. What size are you looking for?... I'll keep an eye out for one! Jerri has replied to all of my questions in a very timely manner. I almost felt like I was bothering her too much... but she was always polite and responsive. Sorry to hear about Gail.. I'm sure she was a special breed. And... nope... I don't ride. Never have. Over the past several years, I just developed a liking for the Perfecto style jacket.. for fashion purposes. As I mentioned in a previous post... I purchased a genuine leather "Perfecto style" jacket on Amazon, which wasn't too horrible (purchased in 2020). It was a good fit, but the leather just felt cheap. The jacket was only $80! Thick leather too, but cheap feeling. Since then, I've been seeing Schott Perfectos online, YouTube, etc... and it spawned me to check them out. Pricey, but a very nice product. So, I just decided to grab one. I now have 2 Cafe Racers (530) in both black and brown. Great jackets. This new brown Perfecto 618 now makes my collection a total of 3. I have a feeling I'll be in the market for a black one in the near future! Maybe I'll grab another in horsehide!! We'll see!!

ryoreyjr

New in Town
I just saw a black 141 on eBay. : )

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Seems like you got the right size. Best thing to get it broken in is getting it wet and wearing it. You’ll soon have a great range of movement in it.
Yes.. I really like the fit. As soon as temps get a little higher, I'll start wearing it out to break it in. It's just too cold right now for this jacket... it's in the 20's....unless I wear a turtleneck under it or something. But, I'll continue to wear it here and there around the house to get the arms broken in, etc. Considering sending it out to Schott for a belt buckle snap. But, I'm so happy to have it now... I don't want to send it yet!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes.. I really like the fit. As soon as temps get a little higher, I'll start wearing it out to break it in. It's just too cold right now for this jacket... it's in the 20's....unless I wear a turtleneck under it or something. But, I'll continue to wear it here and there around the house to get the arms broken in, etc. Considering sending it out to Schott for a belt buckle snap. But, I'm so happy to have it now... I don't want to send it yet!

I actually often wear a Perfecto in this weather, sometimes with a sweater underneath, though I haven't been able to take off my 1940s fur-lined trench this week!

Personally I don't like the snap; I understand why motorcyclists want it, but for me I'd rather have the belt done up, or hanging free. (If it's going to be sloppy, it may as well be sloppy, you know, not half-done!)

ryoreyjr

New in Town
I actually often wear a Perfecto in this weather, sometimes with a sweater underneath, though I haven't been able to take off my 1940s fur-lined trench this week!

Personally I don't like the snap; I understand why motorcyclists want it, but for me I'd rather have the belt done up, or hanging free. (If it's going to be sloppy, it may as well be sloppy, you know, not half-done!)
Sounds like a nice trench! I suppose the Perfecto can keep me somewhat warm, but if I'm outside for an extended period of time, I think I'd be a bit cold. Maybe not. I'll guess I'll have to try!

The snap for the buckle is not a "must" for me... I think I just like the idea of the buckle not smacking into things if I lay the jacket down, getting in and out of the car, etc. I'm on the fence... and I really would hate to send out the jacket after I had to wait a little while for the exchange. Maybe down the road... but the jacket is staying with me for now.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Jacket looks good! To extend the wearing season, you could order one of their custom mouton collars. They are available in brown or black and snap right onto the 618 model...pretty warm and cozy and kind of give the Perfecto a bit of a bomber look (with a better fit). They also have an off the rack (fake) fur collar that only comes in black. I have one coming tomorrow for my 618hh.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Jacket looks good! To extend the wearing season, you could order one of their custom mouton collars. They are available in brown or black and snap right onto the 618 model...pretty warm and cozy and kind of give the Perfecto a bit of a bomber look (with a better fit). They also have an off the rack (fake) fur collar that only comes in black. I have one coming tomorrow for my 618hh.
Thanks!... it's nice to hear folks providing good info/input, and compliments here in the Fedora Lounge! I did see the collars online... something I'll consider for the cold weather for sure. If you don't mind, send a pic when your collar arrives! Thanks for the note Madhouse27!

Aloysius

Thanks!... it's nice to hear folks providing good info/input, and compliments here in the Fedora Lounge! I did see the collars online... something I'll consider for the cold weather for sure. If you don't mind, send a pic when your collar arrives! Thanks for the note Madhouse27!

Here's mine!

Since the 618 already has the collar snaps, you won't even have to send them the jacket like I did. You just tell the repairs department you want a real mouton collar for a size 50 brown 618; they'll make one and send it to you. Fairly priced, as is everything from their repair department.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Here's mine!

Since the 618 already has the collar snaps, you won't even have to send them the jacket like I did. You just tell the repairs department you want a real mouton collar for a size 50 brown 618; they'll make one and send it to you. Fairly priced, as is everything from their repair department.
If I end up liking the collar, I’m going to send my 613sh in for the Aloysius treatment and get some snaps. I hadn’t thought of this until I saw your earlier post about it.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hi
I sent my 618 in to Jerri for the Belt Snap. She did it fast for me. I think about $45 was the cost. I decided to send it in because I liked it on my 626.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Here's mine!

Hi
I did not know that? I had to send in my 602 Police Jacket to Jerry for my Real Fur Collar. Came out great cost was $150.00.

Last edited:

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I'm sure if you keep searching, you'll eventually find your 141 in brown. What size are you looking for?... I'll keep an eye out for one! Jerri has replied to all of my questions in a very timely manner. I almost felt like I was bothering her too much... but she was always polite and responsive. Sorry to hear about Gail.. I'm sure she was a special breed. And... nope... I don't ride. Never have. Over the past several years, I just developed a liking for the Perfecto style jacket.. for fashion purposes. As I mentioned in a previous post... I purchased a genuine leather "Perfecto style" jacket on Amazon, which wasn't too horrible (purchased in 2020). It was a good fit, but the leather just felt cheap. The jacket was only $80! Thick leather too, but cheap feeling. Since then, I've been seeing Schott Perfectos online, YouTube, etc... and it spawned me to check them out. Pricey, but a very nice product. So, I just decided to grab one. I now have 2 Cafe Racers (530) in both black and brown. Great jackets. This new brown Perfecto 618 now makes my collection a total of 3. I have a feeling I'll be in the market for a black one in the near future! Maybe I'll grab another in horsehide!! We'll see!!
Size 50 or 52 in Brown in style 141. Thanks.

Aloysius

Hi
I did not know that? I had to send in my 626 Police Jacket to Jerry for my Real Fur Collar. Came out great cost was $150.00.

I had to send my jacket in as well, however the 618 already has the snaps for attaching it so they sell a 618 collar off the rack. So in his case he'd just have to ask for that one except in real fur.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
So.. how's the collar? PIcs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner