Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Style 618 in Brown Leather.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Hi. I understand your concerns. True the Leather from wearing does soften up and stretch. If free returns go for the smaller size. If you call Schott customer service they can tell you how much smaller in the different parts of the Jacket.
With me I have a Belly so I have to go up in size so I can zipper.
So here my story. I have been collecting Schott Jackets for years. I won Horsehide, Cowhide and Steerhide. I own most Styles in Sizes 46 to 52. One of My 141 in size 46 fits me go figure. My 626 in 3XL fits good every point but sleeves could be about 1” shorter.
It my Hobby. Most if not all are Second Hand but look New. I have great luck on EBay and Poshmark.
I sent pics to Jerri Reyes at Schott, asking for her opinion and also what the best option is for exchanging. Wish I had a 50 here so I can compare. I also have 2 Cafe Racers (530) which are XXXL ... but for me, they fit more like a XXL... since they are slim fit. I think one size down on my 618 wouldn't be too tight.. especially after the break in period. So.. I'm gonna see what Jerri thinks at Schott.. and I'll have my decision by tomorrow. I'll fill you in after I hear from Jerri. I don't think the 52 is horrible on me.. but for the price paid, and being its my first Perfecto, I want to be totally happy with it, and not end up leaving it in the closet.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I sent pics to Jerri Reyes at Schott, asking for her opinion and also what the best option is for exchanging. Wish I had a 50 here so I can compare. I also have 2 Cafe Racers (530) which are XXXL ... but for me, they fit more like a XXL... since they are slim fit. I think one size down on my 618 wouldn't be too tight.. especially after the break in period. So.. I'm gonna see what Jerri thinks at Schott.. and I'll have my decision by tomorrow. I'll fill you in after I hear from Jerri. I don't think the 52 is horrible on me.. but for the price paid, and being its my first Perfecto, I want to be totally happy with it, and not end up leaving it in the closet.
Hi
Sounds Great! Let me know what she says. She is So Nice we have talked before.

mumpy

A-List Customer
How you feel about the jacket is the most important thing, even if you end up being wrong about it. Otherwise you might end up selling it later or not wearing it. I have made this mistake multiple times. If when you put on the jacket it doesn't feel right, then it is not right. Go with your gut feeling.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
How you feel about the jacket is the most important thing, even if you end up being wrong about it. Otherwise you might end up selling it later or not wearing it. I have made this mistake multiple times. If when you put on the jacket it doesn't feel right, then it is not right. Go with your gut feeling.
Good Advice.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just feel like almost every video I see on YouTube, people are wearing the jacket in a smaller, tighter size. I know it's preference, but I just fear the jacket will look bigger when it breaks in. No?

YouTubers are less than clueless so I’d ignore them whether they’re doing tight or the current oversized fashion.

What I’m saying is that paradoxically these stiff Perfecto jackets look smaller when broken in, rather than bigger. So keep that in mind when you’re comparing sizes.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
We’ll see what Jerri says, but I think that 52 looks like a good starting place. I’ll concur with what Aloysius said about these jackets coming in and finding your body as they soften up during the break in. That’s the biggest and bulkiest that 52 is ever going to be and I’ve found it’s easier to shrink a leather jacket (within reason) than expand one.

I bought a 613sh in a 44. Looked good but maybe seemed a slight bit too big. I then bought the same jacket in a 42 (just in case) and it was little snug. I seemed to be right in between the two sizes so I kept them both and went to work wearing them and breaking them in. Fast forward five or six months and the 44 has molded to my body, looks unbelievable and fits absolutely perfect. The 42 on the other hand, hasn’t grown one bit and still looks and feels kind of snug (despite cramming a sweatshirt under it and wearing it like that in an effort to increase its size). I’m so glad I didn’t exchange the 44 for a 42 despite seeming like that was the best move. Good luck with your decision!

ryoreyjr

New in Town
YouTubers are less than clueless so I’d ignore them whether they’re doing tight or the current oversized fashion.

What I’m saying is that paradoxically these stiff Perfecto jackets look smaller when broken in, rather than bigger. So keep that in mind when you’re comparing sizes.
I hear you... I just think overall the jacket is a bit roomy around the torso and waist...even in the back. I'm rolling the dice and exchanging for a 50... which is my true chest size. I only went with a 52 because the Schott website directed me to. Exchange process has started... I should have the size 50 in a few days. Fingers crossed. I'll upload pics when I get the size 50.

Last edited:

ryoreyjr

New in Town
We’ll see what Jerri says, but I think that 52 looks like a good starting place. I’ll concur with what Aloysius said about these jackets coming in and finding your body as they soften up during the break in. That’s the biggest and bulkiest that 52 is ever going to be and I’ve found it’s easier to shrink a leather jacket (within reason) than expand one.

I bought a 613sh in a 44. Looked good but maybe seemed a slight bit too big. I then bought the same jacket in a 42 (just in case) and it was little snug. I seemed to be right in between the two sizes so I kept them both and went to work wearing them and breaking them in. Fast forward five or six months and the 44 has molded to my body, looks unbelievable and fits absolutely perfect. The 42 on the other hand, hasn’t grown one bit and still looks and feels kind of snug (despite cramming a sweatshirt under it and wearing it like that in an effort to increase its size). I’m so glad I didn’t exchange the 44 for a 42 despite seeming like that was the best move. Good luck with your decision!
I appreciate the info! Well.. what's done is done. I already spoke to Jerri @ Schott. She seemed to think I can size down one size, to a 50. She asked if I had enough room around the waist/belly... and my answer was yes. So, she said I should be OK with sizing down. I think the concern was if I can still zip the jacket... and I think I should be able to, since the 52 had "slack" when I went to zipper it. It took really no effort to zip it at all... as the chest/torso panels seemed to be touching/overlapping when I wore the size 52. Free exchanges for the first exchange... so it's not costing me anything but a little time. Hoping the 50 fits like a glove, so I can start the break in process. Pics to follow.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Yup... I'm going with my gut on this one. Waiting for the size 50 to come.... exchange process has already started. When I get the size 50, I'll send updated pics to show the comparison in the fit.

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Good Advice.
Free exchange for the size 50... so I'll let the forum know how it turns out. Worst case, if the 50 seems too snug... I can just go back to the 52... but the 2nd exchange might cost me a few bucks....which I'm willing to spend to get it right. Jerri seemed to think I can size down after she saw several pics. She also said the 52 didn't look horrible either... but she did state a size down wouldn't hurt.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I hear you... I just think overall the jacket is a bit roomy around the torso and waist...even in the back. I'm rolling the dice and exchanging for a 50... which is my true chest size. I only went with a 50 because the Schott website directed me to. Exchange process has started... I should have the size 50 in a few days. Fingers crossed. I'll upload pics when I get the size 50.
Hi
Can’t Waite to see how it fits you.

Aloysius

I hear you... I just think overall the jacket is a bit roomy around the torso and waist...even in the back. I'm rolling the dice and exchanging for a 50... which is my true chest size. I only went with a 52 because the Schott website directed me to. Exchange process has started... I should have the size 50 in a few days. Fingers crossed. I'll upload pics when I get the size 50.

Sounds good to me!

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Hi
I don’t think there much difference. I think to ease your mind order a 50.
Still waiting on the size 50. Jerri said exchanges can take 5 to 7 business days. Today, is only business day # 3...so I guess I have to wait. The suspense is killing me...lol... I hope the size 50 fits like a glove.

Aloysius

Still waiting on the size 50. Jerri said exchanges can take 5 to 7 business days. Today, is only business day # 3...so I guess I have to wait. The suspense is killing me...lol... I hope the size 50 fits like a glove.

Today is MLK day so not a business day!

ryoreyjr

New in Town
Hi
Great News! I hope that once you get it and try on it solves your question.
Best
Pete
So the size 50 arrived (Perfecto 618 Brown) and I'm very pleased with the fit! Just overall a slimmer fit on me, and it's true to size - My chest measures at 50".

I do feel a tighter fit, obviously because I sized down.. but it feels more tailored. Reaching forward feels more difficult than the size 52, but the size 52 fit like an old Volvo. Boxy.

Very happy with the exchange and I'm wearing this bad boy as much as I can to break it in! I'll send updates as it breaks in... I hear the steerhide takes longer?? Happy happy tonight!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117_183959_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117_183959_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • 20240117_183605.jpg
    20240117_183605.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
  • 20240117_183532.jpg
    20240117_183532.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58

Aloysius

So the size 50 arrived (Perfecto 618 Brown) and I'm very pleased with the fit! Just overall a slimmer fit on me, and it's true to size - My chest measures at 50".

I do feel a tighter fit, obviously because I sized down.. but it feels more tailored. Reaching forward feels more difficult than the size 52, but the size 52 fit like an old Volvo. Boxy.

Very happy with the exchange and I'm wearing this bad boy as much as I can to break it in! I'll send updates as it breaks in... I hear the steerhide takes longer?? Happy happy tonight!

Seems like you got the right size. Best thing to get it broken in is getting it wet and wearing it. You’ll soon have a great range of movement in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner