Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Screen Names...

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
My screen name? Just pronounce it not too slowly... (Hint: It actually was the name of the agency first, and so had an S attached: "Shaul-Ike Cohen's".)

It is based on the name of an English fictional detective, while in this form fitting at least as good into San Francisco, I think.

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
When I signed up for the lounge I was sitting at my computer listening to music, as usual... I was listening to a mix of early punk and new wave music, and Blondies "Atomic" came on. So, it is a combination of the song "Atomic" and the fact that I am blonde. Fairly silly, but I'm bad at coming up with screen names.
The end.

The D.A.

Familiar Face
I'm an assistant district attorney, thus the screen name. Not very original, I know, but it's noirish, I was anxious to post my first comment and it was all I could think of off the top of my head.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Easy enough here, my name's David Devereux. If you want to know why people call me "Doc", then I think I might have a deck of cards around here someplace... ;)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
MK said:
I look forward to it. Perhaps we get a few of the members that are within driving distance together for a dinner. Coffee Dude is in Seattle and Fedoralover is in Eugene. I have met both of them and they are great guys. I bet there are some others that would come out of the woodwork if we did something.
I'm for sure in :D We can get a group together no problem

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
The reason why I picked this name was..quite didn't want to use my real name just yet, and since I love mystery books, the name fit pretty well. My real name is Caroline, and obviously that's me in my avatar. I stay at home with my 3 girls and I also counsel women.

Wobbely

New in Town
I'm an amp so hubby came up with my screen name way back when. Very fitting for me LOL I basically joined the forum hoping to find information about the fedoras we have but have found I'm hooked. I just find your conversations very interesting :)

RedPop4

One Too Many
I have red hair. My Dad's good friend always called me Red Pop when he saw me. I imagine he still would if I saw him, but it's been a couple years. My Daddy was III and I'm the IV, so I added the 4, when I tried to use RedPop on various sites. I had to add the 4 ad Red Pop or RedPop is usually taken.

I also go by TommyBB on eBay, and on the cigar forum I help moderate, along with Spiridon and a bunch of others. www.cigarweekly.com I've kept the TommyBB on a bunch of forums I no longer visit, and recently joining other forums, I felt like a change was in order so I went to RedPop.

Thursby

New in Town
Simply, Thursby is my real last name. Then just think back to the character that is mentioned several times but never is seen from the Maltede Falcon and there you have it. Also where my signature comes from.

clevispin

One of the Regulars
A variation on the name of a beagle I had long ago. An interesting sound too- LOOONG "E". Also a real word - the pin that closes a shackle.

m

penfencer

Familiar Face
I dip pens in india ink for a living and I used to be a fencer (the sporting kind.) The name sort of made sense to me at the time.

J.B.

Practically Family
In deference to those hoe-boying trainhoppers who cast off their yokes of responsibility and struck out for parts unknown, and whose strange vernacular and cryptic sidewalk drawings became a part of Americana after The Depression began...

..."J.B." simply means "a hat" in hobo lingo. (Pretty obviously a reference to John B. Stetson, I think?!)

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
cool nicks

My nick is a combination of two names. Because I was a bit of a revolutionary when I was younger my american friend called me Leon after Leon Trotsky who he said I had some resemblance to. LeFonque was my original nickname when I first started to use the internet about 15 years ago.I chose LeFonque because I am a Jazz lover and it was a pseudonym used by Cannonball Adderley.Then some other soundrel used lefonque so I combined the two nicknames and there you go Leon Lefonque

ShanghaiJack

One of the Regulars
Screen Name...

Well... hell....
It seems as though I must confess too.
Jack... Had several friends in HighSchool
all named Jeff[my name too]. And when we were
all together, if someone said Jeff we all looked around.
So I was donned Jack, another Jay, etc. etc.
Shanghai.. well a former girlfriend was from Shanghai.
[long story ommitted] and now that's the condensed
story as to how my nickname ShanghaiJack was born.

Rosie

One Too Many
Meditative Rose is one of my favorite paintings by Salvador Dali and my aol screename is RoseMeditative since Meditative Rose was taken. I became Rosie that way, plus Rosie sounds like an "older" name. I actually wanted Roxie but, truthfully, didn't think I would come here as much as I do and figured I would have forgotten Roxie when it was time to log in.

Slate Shannon

One of the Regulars
Mine is from an old radio serial called Bold Venture, starring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. Slate Shannon was Bogart's character. And Bacall was Sailor Duval. Bogart ran a hotel in Cuba, where assorted shady characters passed through, and if I remember right, "Bold Venture" was the name of his boat on the program. Anyway, I think it's a pretty cool sounding name.

Mr. PreKrime

New in Town
Get Mr. PreKrime a Drink...

I am a big Phillip K. Dick fan and I have always loved the retro nature of his characters (even though they are often set in the future). I took the name PreKrime from "Minority Report", the short story, not the movie. I added Mr. to it when I joined this forum. It has a nice ring to it. Kind of like the bells o St. Francis on a cool November night.

Flash Gordon

Familiar Face
My real last name is Gordon.

I guess I could have used Commissioner Gordon, however, since I was a kid, I always wished that someone would call me Flash...after the space adventure character Flash Gordon. But no one ever did, so here was my chance.;)

By the way, I'm not old enough to remember the Flash Gordon serials, but I do remember the comic strip in the Sunday paper.

magneto

Practically Family
I trust vintage-minded folk will hear "magneto" and think "antique car/tractor engine part" not (so I hear) "cartoon character". I like to take pictures of old painted signs on the sides of brick buildings that advertised long-departed businesses that used to be in said building, or bygone products. For some reason I had been seeing a lot of signs for old auto shops that touted their magneto selections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch