Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Screen Names...

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
My screen name came from a mountain biking friend. He would always give me a hard time because I didn't have all the "hot chi chis" on my bike. No carbon fiber or titanium. My curmudgeon response was all that new fangled stuff just breaks down at the worst possible time. He would always say "get with the program ya Retro Grouch".

I thought the name worked well for this site. :cool:

For those who care, I ride a '97 Catamount with a high pivot URT rear suspension.

Tom

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
I have had many names.

I started out as Indiana Dan on Indyfan and COW, then whipman, Dan, Capt. Aram Yossarian (Catch 22) Rick Blaine, and finally Daniel Riser...

which is my professional name, and will be my legal name the end of this year.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Michaelson, the 'author' of the book that Indiana Jones makes as a homework assignment at the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and besides Indy himself, the ONLY name that actually appears in print in the movie, written on the chalk board behind Indy in the classroom.

Regards! Michaelson

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Mine is related to one of my collecting interests.
Herbsaint5copy.jpg
[/IMG]

Bebop

Practically Family
My music, my dog and myself.

When the day ends and I am done with serving subpoenas and dealing with courts, lawyers and people that see me as a messenger of evil, I am a jazz musician that plays mostly bebop jazz clarinet and saxaphones in all kinds of venues. I also collect jazz albums and throughout the years, musicians and people that know me, have refered to me as Bebop instead of Dan, which is my name. I even have some pay checks made out to the name Bebop. About 10 years ago I had an English Bulldog that I ended up naming Bebop (how ego maniacal of me) so my screen name is actually my dead dogs name and my nickname. Short, descriptive, easy to say, to the point and in honor of my favorite dog.

Calico Jack

New in Town
My friends and I belonged to a club called "The Ship" from when we were Sophomores or Juniors at college. It had a somewhat piratical theme, and members were given various fitting monikers (the cap'n, sea dog, fop, fouche' the stowaway, fezzig, etc). I very much wanted mine to be Calico Jack, as I've alway found the pirate Calico Jack Rackham to be a splendid character. Sadly, I was overruled.
We were all watching an episode of "Get Smart" as we waited in the lounge, and the villian, a "Dr. Zarko," bore an uncanny resemblence to me. When Maxwell referred to him in relation to a famous scientist who shares my last name, the club members decided that the name "Dr. Zarko" and later "Zarko" would be most appropriate.
So, in retaliation, I named by band/recording project "Calico Jack," and have been using the name as my internet pseudonym ever since.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Bebop said:
When the day ends and I am done with serving subpoenas and dealing with courts, lawyers and people that see me as a messenger of evil, I am a jazz musician that plays mostly bebop jazz clarinet and saxaphones in all kinds of venues. I also collect jazz albums and throughout the years, musicians and people that know me, have refered to me as Bebop instead of Dan, which is my name. I even have some pay checks made out to the name Bebop. About 10 years ago I had an English Bulldog that I ended up naming Bebop (how ego maniacal of me) so my screen name is actually my dead dogs name and my nickname. Short, descriptive, easy to say, to the point and in honor of my favorite dog.

It is good to see another Washingtonian here. If you ever come West.......

Bebop

Practically Family
Thanks, MK.

Thank you, MK. I have friends in Vancouver (Wa., not B.C.) and Portland therefore I will throw you an email when I visit them. It is nice to know there are Washintonians on these boards.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Great

I look forward to it. Perhaps we get a few of the members that are within driving distance together for a dinner. Coffee Dude is in Seattle and Fedoralover is in Eugene. I have met both of them and they are great guys. I bet there are some others that would come out of the woodwork if we did something.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Zemke Fan. Named after the most interesting (in my opinion) group leader in the 8th AAF -- Col. Hub Zemke. He led the 56th FG which was the most successful group in the war. He ALSO invented an aerial maneuver that became known as the "Zemke Fan," so this seemed logical to me. The real name is Fred and I'm located in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Mine is the name I used to use way, way back when I played the original Rainbow Six for online multiplayer games. Somehow I just ended up using it for forum names as well.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Mine is simple. I just used my intials.

Me too. Welcome to The Fedora Lounge, KR. A bone player eh? Do you play out much?

You joined just in time to find out about our big event at the Queen Mary. You are lucky being just down the road. People are coming from all over the country. I hope you make it.

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ