Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sears Roebuck

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Boattail

Back in the 1920s Sears sold bodies for Ford Model Ts, including Torpedo and Boattails, does any one have a copy of those pages? It would be really cool to replicate that style on a Model T or A!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Stearmen said:
Back in the 1920s Sears sold bodies for Ford Model Ts, including Torpedo and Boattails, does any one have a copy of those pages? It would be really cool to replicate that style on a Model T or A!

You know, I have one of them 1970s reprints of the 1927 catalog... I know there's an automotive section that I've looked at and was amazed to see such interesting accessories to purchase for a Ford or what not.

I'll dig it out and check and see what I can find!

A model T boat tail... lol that would be much cooler than the 1987 Ford T-Bird I saw with the front clip of a 1949 Ford in Auto Trader. :eusa_doh:

Foofoogal

Banned
I love Sears. One of my very first jobs was for Sears. I was a floater and worked several departments. Once I was in the middle aisle helping a Scottish guy cut up veggies selling a Combi-chef.
He demonstrated and was a selling machine. :eek:fftopic:
I have several of the 1970s repro. I also have one of the 1970s I just love to look at and reminisce. lol

Feraud

Bartender
Miss Dizzy Dame said:
Sears made his catalog thinner then montgomery wards on purpose ,so at home people had to stack the sears catalog on top!
It must be true because that is exactly how my catalogs are stacked! lol

R. L.

New in Town
And which is still in business? I know, correlation doens't imply cause and effect blah blah...

I love the old Sears catalogs though, my neighbors are full time garage sale wizards and have several--they're handy for research.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran