Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seattle

avique

One of the Regulars
I was considering dropping in to see Carrie at Thurston Brothers and I started wondering how many of my fellow loungers live in the Seattle area. Assuming that I'm not alone here in the great Pacific NW any interest in a Seattle area meet up?

Last edited:

ksozay

One Too Many
Make sure you contact her before heading down. We dropped in last Sunday and they were closed and the sign said their new spring hours are by appointment only.

Siggmund

One of the Regulars
I'm in Bellingham and new to the forum. I'll be heading down to Seattle tomorrow for the afternoon, but I'm not expecting to be able to visit the shop as I didn't make an appointment. I'll at least check out Mac Pherson Leather and maybe the Museum of Flight. Is the Blue Moon Tavern still around? We used to go there after class when I was in school.

avique

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the Lounge. If you have a chance you should stop by and check out Thurston Brothers. The shop is small but packed with great leather jackets. They are usually open on the weekends and Carrie is always fun to chat with.

As for the Blue Moon, it's been a few years since I attended the UW but last time I was in the U-District is was still open for business.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
I'll likely drop in May 31st. Know a good place for a beer?

There are so many places for a beer...try Pike Place Market for starters. Or, go down to Ivar's, order a bowl of their famous clam chowder, then chase it with a good beer.

Is good beer easy to find in Seattle? Is the Pope Catholic?

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Well...there are two things that are important. Jackets, and beer. Not necessarily in that order.

pak

One of the Regulars
Flyguy, did you forget flying or are you just going to take photos of that 51 when it is completed. :)

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Flyguy, did you forget flying or are you just going to take photos of that 51 when it is completed. :)

Nope...did not forget! Flying the Mustang, wearing the appropriate jacket, then meeting at the bar for a beer after the mission is over!

IXL

One Too Many
Not really a thread about outerwear.
My opinion is that if we were all sitting around in an actual lounge, having a pint while discussing outerwear, the conversation would go off on different tangents, here and there. This is how just about every group-interaction in which I find myself involved goes, and I find it adds depth and flavor: the conversations always manage to get back to the main topic.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Right down the street from Insurrection on Greenwood is Naked City brew pub, named for the gritty cop show of the 50's. A great bar, a great set of taps, always a movie on the screen. Good food, too.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Right down the street from Insurrection on Greenwood is Naked City brew pub, named for the gritty cop show of the 50's. A great bar, a great set of taps, always a movie on the screen. Good food, too.

I bet Paul Burke would approve!

Paul Burke.jpg

Last edited:

Siggmund

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the welcome. Ok, I DID go to Insurrection/Thurston Bros. and met Carrie. She looked at me a little funny when I said I was mainly there to satisfy my leather fetish. I didn't mean it the way it sounded, I just really like leather and, boy, do they have some beautiful jackets. I was surprised that there weren't more military jackets; the shop really had a lot of bike jackets, though. There was one beautiful older jacket in a sort of dark cherry - I don't have the right vocabulary - but it was not in my size. Definitely worth the trip. When I left she said, "'See' you on the web."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR