Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seersucker suits

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I happen to really like seersucker print and suits. However, there's no rule that the jacket and pants have to be worn together. I myself have a seersucker dress and jacket, but never wear them together.

Yes..infiltrating the gents section!

X
BD

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Black Dahlia said:
Yes..infiltrating the gents section!
[bad] You stay out of here, Young Lady! Or else...:whip:

;) :p

But seriously, I do wear my seersucker suits as separates much more often than as suits. And, I've also occasionally mixed different colors of seersucker; like a blue jacket with gray pants.:eek:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
[bad] You stay out of here, Young Lady! Or else...:whip:

;) :p

But seriously, I do wear my seersucker suits as separates much more often than as suits. And, I've also occasionally mixed different colors of seersucker; like a blue jacket with gray pants.:eek:

I'll go when I'm good and done.... lol

I bet that looks quite smart together, mixing different colours of seersucker. Show us pics!

I agree and wear the limited seersucker items I have separately.

I'm going...I'm going....

carldelo

One Too Many
Black Dahlia said:
I'm going...I'm going....

Don't go, many classy women wear suits:

alfred-eisenstaedt-portrait-of-actress-katharine-hepburn-with-cigarette-in-hand.jpg
joel_mccrea_and_veronica_lake_sul_2.jpg

carldelo

One Too Many
Seersucker on sale at Syms

Try saying that ten times fast....

I was in Syms at Park and 54th in Manhattan - their Summer Bash sale started today and runs until July 5th. They have Haspel seersucker suits on sale for $89, jackets for $59. I think they're all 2 button with center vents, but I didn't look that closely, as I was shopping for my wife this time. They had blue, gray, and tan (or is it cream?). Also some even narrower pin-cord type material, mostly blue I think, same prices. If you're near the city and on the fence about seersucker, now's the time to jump...

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the kind words.

Spats McGee said:
I'm really curious about this tie, though. Where'd you get that?

Both are made by the British firm Drake's. I purchased them at a consignment shop a couple of years ago.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
It’s the wrong season, but I picked up a couple of seersucker suits from Jos. A. Banks recently. I got the traditional blue, of course (and have yet to pick it up), and decided to get a red one as well. The red one fits great, and I can’t wait to wear it.

I’m probably going to mostly use the red as separates. I was thinking cream flannel trousers with the seersucker jacket, and possibly a natural linen jacket with the seersucker trousers.

Does that sound good, or would you make some other recommendation?

Also, what shirting materials are we normally pairing with seersucker?

Thanks,

Dave

WH1

Practically Family
Almost time to break out the seersucker. Huzzah!

I was mucking about yesterday and happened upon www.eSuit.com
They currently have Haspel 100% cotton seersucker suits on sale for $199 including delivery in the U.S. Single breasted with pleated or flat front trousers.

I purchased a tan and white seersucker which I have been coveting for some time, (I already have a traditonal blue and white seersucker). They also have grey and white seersucker. In addition they had some 100% tan or cream linen suits in various sizes for the same pricing.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Almost time to break out the seersucker. Huzzah!

Because it's supposed to be eighty degrees today, I broke a personal rule and wore the jacket from my new seersucker suit a few days early:

48093bb9.jpg

Not seen in this photo are off-white chinos and dirty bucs (replete with ink spots from dropping a fountain pen nearby, grr!).

I am holding fast to Sunday for introducing straw hats into rotation, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo