Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

self-concious in my fedora

Pduck

One of the Regulars
carter said:
This one probably requires a picture of (no, not the two guys at the register) the outfit that had them so flabbergasted/tongue-tied/shocked/etc.

Here's a photo of the two guys at the register:

ugly-men.jpg

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Caity Lynn said:
but like i said, it wasn't anything special, I wasn't dressed nice or wearing makeup I think it was just the hat lol I mean, if it was one guy it wouldn't be so odd, but the girl cooking the food and the other register guy all gave me a weird look.[huh]
Envy from the girl, because the guys were looking at you and the guys naturally looked at you, because... well, everyone knows the reason for that.

rrog

A-List Customer
Caity Lynn said:
but like i said, it wasn't anything special, I wasn't dressed nice or wearing makeup I think it was just the hat lol I mean, if it was one guy it wouldn't be so odd, but the girl cooking the food and the other register guy all gave me a weird look.[huh]

Nope, wasn't you at all. It was that flower with the big purple lips you were toting around! :D

rrog

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
Caity Lynn - Next time, take off your hat and wave it around and see if their eyes follow you or the hat. I'm not sure what that'll prove, but it sounds fun, and either way, it sounds like you could probably hypnotize them.

And groovy plant. Do you sing, too?

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Sertsa said:
Caity Lynn - Next time, take off your hat and wave it around and see if their eyes follow you or the hat. I'm not sure what that'll prove, but it sounds fun, and either way, it sounds like you could probably hypnotize them.

And groovy plant. Do you sing, too?

lol, thanks to all you guys...

and yes, I do sing-ish...I'm not great but I've been in about 6 musicals in community theatre [huh]

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
Caity Lynn said:
lol, thanks to all you guys...

and yes, I do sing-ish...I'm not great but I've been in about 6 musicals in community theatre [huh]

Spiffy. I was in a lot of productions but always in the band. The first time I regularly wore a fedora was one that was borrowed from the costume department. It matched my zoot suit. (And you can't be self-conscious in a fedora and a zoot. It just won't work).

Goose.

Practically Family
Wil Tam said:
You look mar-vel-lous & not to be a perv but I'd kinda stare at you for a spell also ;)
Yep. Being happily married and not a perv myself, I find myself ashamed of the fact that I actually thought, just for a second, that I'd found a new wallpaper theme for my PC
thinking-006.GIF

Serious, nice pic and hat.

Charlz

Familiar Face
Back to the issue of being self conscious about wearing a hat. I have cultivated a deep seated anger and hatred of people who think they can judge me. This emotion seems to emit a silent message around me like a energy shield. It filters out those we now call "haters". I can wear my wide brim fedora without so much as twinge of self consciousness. Occasionally I get someone who feels cornered because of their fate of being in close quarters who says "nnnice hat sssir". Then I reply coldly, "I know". Its all just a state of mind. I always ask myself, "are you the sheep or the shepherd?".

FATS88

One of the Regulars
Charlz said:
Back to the issue of being self conscious about wearing a hat. I have cultivated a deep seated anger and hatred of people who think they can judge me. This emotion seems to emit a silent message around me like a energy shield. It filters out those we now call "haters". I can wear my wide brim fedora without so much as twinge of self consciousness. Occasionally I get someone who feels cornered because of their fate of being in close quarters who says "nnnice hat sssir". Then I reply coldly, "I know". Its all just a state of mind. I always ask myself, "are you the sheep or the shepherd?".

Remind me never to get on your bad side;)
And please do stop by my Church anytime you're in Frisco.

Fats

Goose.

Practically Family
Charlz said:

Don't know if I have a "deep seated anger or hatred"...I just don't give a sheet about sheep (love that sheep or sheperd tag...I may steal that as a sig someday if you don't mind).
Anyway, I wear my hat to the point that I feel naked w/o one.
As for the replies about a nice hat, I say "thank you" or "yep, that's why I bought it". Anyway Charlz, love your post :)

FATS88 said:
Remind me never to get on your bad side;)
And please do stop by my Church anytime you're in Frisco.

Fats

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I would love to walk into a bar or pizza joint with Charlz after the soccer moms and dads (or anyone) have had a few beers and hyena yap about our fedoras. Hasn't happened to me yet but if it does, I want Charlz with me just for grins. Well, close the other week, a guy came up to me and started to reach for my Sydney and asked, "hey, can I try on your hat?". I simply replied "no" and he stopped the reach.
Sometimes I just want an excuse for someone to touch me or my lid...GAME ON!!! No "deep seated anger or hatred", I just dislike stupid/rude people. :rage:

Hey Fats...seeing you're from FRISCO, here ya go (and I don't mean Frisco, "TX")...

481714824_f34RB-Th.jpg

Pduck

One of the Regulars
I don't know what the story is. I just did a google image search and found them. Interesting looking, aren't they?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy