Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Semi-Formal Waistcoat

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
As noted in my previous thread, there has been a change of plan regarding my black tie accessorization. Instead of a marcella waistcoat, I'm going to go with black silk satin to match the lapels of my dinner jacket. As far as I know, only Brooks Brothers has three button silk waistcoats, but the price is a bit off-putting. Instead, I think I may go custom. I'm going to shoot princehenry.biz an email asking if they can get ahold of silk satin and how much they would charge make a pattern for a three button low cut waistcoat. The price may be just as much as BB, in which case I'll stick with them. Alternatively, I know double breasted waistcoats are acceptable, so I may look for a picture of one to send to them and see if they can copy it. Thoughts?

Subvet642

A-List Customer
cufflinkmaniac said:
As noted in my previous thread, there has been a change of plan regarding my black tie accessorization. Instead of a marcella waistcoat, I'm going to go with black silk satin to match the lapels of my dinner jacket. As far as I know, only Brooks Brothers has three button silk waistcoats, but the price is a bit off-putting. Instead, I think I may go custom. I'm going to shoot princehenry.biz an email asking if they can get ahold of silk satin and how much they would charge make a pattern for a three button low cut waistcoat. The price may be just as much as BB, in which case I'll stick with them. Alternatively, I know double breasted waistcoats are acceptable, so I may look for a picture of one to send to them and see if they can copy it. Thoughts?

You may have already seen this, but here it is:
sat_backless_vests.jpg
[

http://www.uniformalwearhouse.com/apages/tuxedo_vests_solid.html
I hope this helps!

Edward

Bartender
I'd be surprised if you were able to find a silk one on the cheap, though no harm hunting. One thing I would be careful to detrermine before ordering online would be to check whether the pockets are real or dummy. This may not matter if you're of the mindset that says don't use the pockets to avoid ruining the line of your waistcoat front, but if you want to wear a pocket watch with it, or use them for mobile phone / tickets / etc, it'll be an issue.

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Subvet642 said:
You may have already seen this, but here it is:
sat_backless_vests.jpg
[

http://www.uniformalwearhouse.com/apages/tuxedo_vests_solid.html
I hope this helps!

My tailor at MySuitShop.com has a wide variety of made to measure patterns which you can select from from about $65. (U.S.), and he can also custom make waist-coats for you to your own specifications as he has done for me in the past with a varying price scale based upon what you want. Check him out and tell them that Evan Everhart sent you. I didn't see whether you live in Cali or not, but he will be on his U.S. Roadshow starting in November, so reserve an appointment for your local major city by registering for his mailing list!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic