Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Senator Jack's brush with greatness

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
Well I would have been tempted to ask him why he didn't let Linda sing more often but I imagine it would have turned out ugly.

Truly, I would just thank the man for all the smiles he's given me all my life. I'm from the south and I never considered burning a record -- I thought that John was right!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I would have held out my hand and, while shaking his, would have said, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. McCartney."

Except for changing the name, I did that when I met Jay Leno (who seems to prefer that you call him by his first name), Louis Anderson, Johnny Bench and a few other celebrities.

Lee

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Meanwhile, only hours earlier:

photo-7.jpg

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
From a British newspaper called the Daily Mail:

Batter up: Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell put on a rare public show of affection at the baseball
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 10:23 AM on 28th August 2009
Comments (56)
Add to My Stories
Compared to his previous marriages with Linda Eastman and Heather Mills, Sir Paul Cartney's courtship with girlfriend Nancy Shevell has been relatively low-key.
The normally-private couple put on a rare show of public affection as they joined TV producer friend Lorne Michaels and actor Jack Nicholson at the baseball in New York City last night.
McCartney and Shevell were kissing and cuddling in the front row as they watched her home team New York Yankees defeats the Texas Rangers 9-2 at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx.

Kiss me quick: Sir Paul McCartney leans in to girlfriend Nancy Shevell as they watch the Yankees play the Texas Rangers in the Bronx
The foursome were seated in the coveted 'Legends Seating' area right behind the home plate, where tickets sell from anything between $525 to $2,625 a person.
Towards the end of the game, Shevell, 49, slipped off early, leaving her boyfriend of nearly two years with his male companions.
The 67-year-old politely stood up with his American lover and friends as they listened to patriotic song God Bless America during the seventh inning - a tradition at Yankee games since September 11th.
In between innings, the quartet drank beers and swapped notes on the players.

Take me out to the ballgame: The pair usually keep their relationship very low key
McCartney was introduced to the popular American game several years before he started dating divorcee Shevell in October 2007, after his high-profile split from Mills.
Saturday Night Live producer Michaels - who was seated next to McCartney last night - brought the Beatles legend to his first baseball game.
In a recent interview with the Boston Herald, McCartney said: 'Lorne Michaels took me to my first game years ago. It was a Yankees game, so I became a Yankees fan.'
Noting baseball similarity to rounders, McCartney insisted he would be staying firmly off the pitch after an unfortunate incident with a bat as a child.

Patriots: Jack Nicholson, TV producer Lorne Michaels, McCartney and Shevell stand to hear God Bless America
He said: 'Baseball to us (Brits) is a game called rounders we played as kids.
'Actually, I accidentally broke a girl’s nose when I was a kid with my back swing. I still remember her name. Shirley Prytherch. P-r-y-t-h-e-r, um, c-h, I think. I don’t know, but it sounds Welsh to me.
'It’s something like this that accounts for all the armour you guys wear now playing baseball. She didn’t have any and look what happened to her.'
Meanwhile, McCartney admitted frequent rumours about his death had become an 'occupational hazard' for his life as a famous rocker.

Home run! McCartney and Shevell react after the Yankees score a home run
The singer recalled a conspiracy theory in October 1969 in which a Michigan DJ claimed his bandmates John Lennon, Ringo Starr and George Harrison had recruited a lookalike McCartney to stand in for him after he 'died' in 1966.
The DJ believed the shot of McCartney on the front cover of the group's 1969 Abbey Road album wasn't the singer and the bare feet was a code to mean a corpse.
McCartney tells Mojo magazine: 'It was funny, really. But ridiculous. It's an occupational hazard: people make up a story and then you find yourself having to deal with this fictitious stuff.
'I think the worst thing that happened was that I could see people sort of looking at me more closely: "Were his ears always like that?" It was madness.'

mike

Call Me a Cab
Mr. 'H' said:
From a British newspaper called the Daily Mail:

Batter up: Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell put on a rare public show of affection at the baseball
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 10:23 AM on 28th August 2009
Comments (56)
Add to My Stories
Compared to his previous marriages with Linda Eastman and Heather Mills, Sir Paul Cartney's courtship with girlfriend Nancy Shevell has been relatively low-key.
The normally-private couple put on a rare show of public affection as they joined TV producer friend Lorne Michaels and actor Jack Nicholson at the baseball in New York City last night.
McCartney and Shevell were kissing and cuddling in the front row as they watched her home team New York Yankees defeats the Texas Rangers 9-2 at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx.

Kiss me quick: Sir Paul McCartney leans in to girlfriend Nancy Shevell as they watch the Yankees play the Texas Rangers in the Bronx
The foursome were seated in the coveted 'Legends Seating' area right behind the home plate, where tickets sell from anything between $525 to $2,625 a person.
Towards the end of the game, Shevell, 49, slipped off early, leaving her boyfriend of nearly two years with his male companions.
The 67-year-old politely stood up with his American lover and friends as they listened to patriotic song God Bless America during the seventh inning - a tradition at Yankee games since September 11th.
In between innings, the quartet drank beers and swapped notes on the players.

Take me out to the ballgame: The pair usually keep their relationship very low key
McCartney was introduced to the popular American game several years before he started dating divorcee Shevell in October 2007, after his high-profile split from Mills.
Saturday Night Live producer Michaels - who was seated next to McCartney last night - brought the Beatles legend to his first baseball game.
In a recent interview with the Boston Herald, McCartney said: 'Lorne Michaels took me to my first game years ago. It was a Yankees game, so I became a Yankees fan.'
Noting baseball similarity to rounders, McCartney insisted he would be staying firmly off the pitch after an unfortunate incident with a bat as a child.

Patriots: Jack Nicholson, TV producer Lorne Michaels, McCartney and Shevell stand to hear God Bless America
He said: 'Baseball to us (Brits) is a game called rounders we played as kids.
'Actually, I accidentally broke a girl’s nose when I was a kid with my back swing. I still remember her name. Shirley Prytherch. P-r-y-t-h-e-r, um, c-h, I think. I don’t know, but it sounds Welsh to me.
'It’s something like this that accounts for all the armour you guys wear now playing baseball. She didn’t have any and look what happened to her.'
Meanwhile, McCartney admitted frequent rumours about his death had become an 'occupational hazard' for his life as a famous rocker.

Home run! McCartney and Shevell react after the Yankees score a home run
The singer recalled a conspiracy theory in October 1969 in which a Michigan DJ claimed his bandmates John Lennon, Ringo Starr and George Harrison had recruited a lookalike McCartney to stand in for him after he 'died' in 1966.
The DJ believed the shot of McCartney on the front cover of the group's 1969 Abbey Road album wasn't the singer and the bare feet was a code to mean a corpse.
McCartney tells Mojo magazine: 'It was funny, really. But ridiculous. It's an occupational hazard: people make up a story and then you find yourself having to deal with this fictitious stuff.
'I think the worst thing that happened was that I could see people sort of looking at me more closely: "Were his ears always like that?" It was madness.'

I know it takes two seconds to find info online today, but it still feels like we are we stalking him lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran