Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seperation Termination?

panamag8or

Practically Family
So, Mrs. Panamag8or is coming down from Panama City tomorrow, on Valentine's day, no less. She is interviewing for jobs on Friday.

I have only seen her once since I moved in April '07, but we talk or text every day.

She has made all of the concessions and taken the blame for the majority of our problems, so I guess I am excited about trying a reconcilliation. It helped that our daughter left to go to school, my wife had a hard time letting her grow up.

Anyway, so I'm nervous and can't sleep. That's why I'm on here at 5 in the morning. Not going to get much cleaning done today.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

It sounds like you may have much talking to do. Sadly, the less time you spend with someone, the less you have in common with them and the less you have to easily talk about. [huh]

I know of couples who have been separated by anything from military service to job contracts and only get to see each other 'once in a blue moon.' Of course when they do see each other for a short period of time, they try to put too much into too little time and feel that everything has to be perfect. Well you've just immediately created a scenario where you've created pressure, stress and probably sabotaged the short time you have together.

So 'try' to take it slow and easy. Maybe go and do something active which burns up any initial nerves and also gives you 'both' something to talk about during and afterwards and helps link back to all those things you 'do' have in common.;)

I really hope it proves to be positive for you both, truely I do. People deserve to be happy!

panamag8or

Practically Family
Thanks, Paddy!

I think we both knew we would make another go at it, but it was just a matter of when.

I did get her to aquiesce to my desire to decorate the house in a vintage fashion.:cool:

CharlesB

Suspended
Just be careful . Its easy to fall into old patterns and habits and sometimes well...it just isnt meant to work. All the same, I wish you the best of luck esp. on Vday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran