Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shampoo

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Having met Lyburnum, I am going to attest she does have the shiniest hair ever. I usually use hippy organic shampoo that I'm quite happy with, but I am going to try Kerastese now. Where do I buy it?

lyburnum

Practically Family
It's mostly available in Salons or online. However my sister, being a hairdresser, can get it dirt cheap for you. A huuuuuge 1000ml bottle for a tenner. Will literally last you month and months. If you want some samples to try first I've got a bunch hanging round my house that I never use!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lyburnum said:
It's mostly available in Salons or online. However my sister, being a hairdresser, can get it dirt cheap for you. A huuuuuge 1000ml bottle for a tenner. Will literally last you month and months. If you want some samples to try first I've got a bunch hanging round my house that I never use!

Whoa! That's cheap. The small bottles are around $30 here. Can I get some from your sis too? Pleeeeeeeeeease? :)

magnolia76

One of the Regulars
If you are looking for overall volume but your hair is to oily, I agree with the Pureology volumizing line (the pink one!) But the Boilage Normalizing shampoo is great too. Consider using a leave in conditioner instead of a heavy one that will weigh your hair down.

Don't forget the power of products too!!!

Pumping a golf ball size of Redken's Full Frame mousse into your root (dont forget to comb through) and blowdrying it almost completely upside down will keep your hair incredibly volumized and your curls or rollers style stay longer. Good luck!!

Dani California

Familiar Face
Aubrey Organics Primrose Shampoo and their Island Conditioner. I had the same problem and went for these products and my hair is so shiny and soft now. The best thing is.....it is all essential oils in it....no parabens, etc. They are like $9 at Whole Foods. It is also rated as 0 baddies on safecosmetics.org.

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
I use a product called Nioxin. You can either use it as a supplemental product to go along with your daily shampoo & conditioner or you can use it alone with a conditioner. It is all natural and smells lovely (minty). It stimulates your hair follicle and promotes new growth and healthy hair. When my mom had breast cancer and ended up losing her hair I automatically put her on this and her hair grew back thicker, healthier, shinier and curly lol It is a little on the expensive side but one bottle will last you 3-4 months. You can either buy it online or at your local beauty salon (not every salon will carry it and I've noticed the salons in the malls/outlets charge double of what you can actually buy it for!)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
A big thanks to the people who recommended Aubrey Organics shampoos. I purchased the Island Shampoo and Conditioner for frizzy hair from vitacost.com ($7.00 a bottle) and I have never liked a shampoo this much before! I have never had such soft and shiney natural curls before. And it really does help to eliminate the stringy flyaways that were always floating around my head. I can't remember the last time my hair felt this nice.

And the best part - the shampoo has no animal testing, it's vegan friendly and it has no nasty chemicals to bother my skin. It's all made from plant-based oils that my hair is loving right now.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Aorta said:
BeBopBaby, I can recommend Aubrey Organic's "Honeysuckle Shampoo" plus the matching conditioner. I used both products some while ago and they were really pampering my hair. I switched to the AO "Rosa Mosqueta" line, because my hair is fine and stick-straight and the honeysuckle line was a bit too much for me, but since you have curly bleached hair it might be perfect for you.

I am working my way through some SLS, and petrochemical-derivative-free shampoos at the moment trialling them out as the one that I have been using for the last 3/4 years has just had it's formula changed and although it's still SLS free it's now too drying for my ultra dry hair.

I tried the Green People's "Intensive Repair Shampoo" last week and it was just horrid, it's supposed to be super concentrated so I didn't use too much but it felt terribly harsh to use and left my hair parched!:( Needless to say I won't be trying that one again.

I just bought the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose shampoo as it sounds lovely and am due to try that one out later this week. I am really impressed with the literature that comes along in the package explaining in detail every single ingredient that they use and all of the ones that are best avoided in "off the shelf" preparations, it was a real eye opener as there are tonnes of synthetic derivatives that lots of companies pedal as being natural:eek: .

The website is great too.I am hoping that it works as it smells gorgeous, thanks for the recommendation Aorta!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:
A big thanks to the people who recommended Aubrey Organics shampoos. I purchased the Island Shampoo and Conditioner for frizzy hair from vitacost.com ($7.00 a bottle) and I have never liked a shampoo this much before! I have never had such soft and shiney natural curls before. And it really does help to eliminate the stringy flyaways that were always floating around my head. I can't remember the last time my hair felt this nice.

And the best part - the shampoo has no animal testing, it's vegan friendly and it has no nasty chemicals to bother my skin. It's all made from plant-based oils that my hair is loving right now.

Which one is the Island Shampoo BeBopBaby? I don't think I saw that on the UK website, do you have the link?

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
AllaboutEve said:
Which one is the Island Shampoo BeBopBaby? I don't think I saw that on the UK website, do you have the link?

http://www.vitacost.com/Aubrey-Organics-Island-Naturals-Replenishing-Shampoo

I purchase all my organic toiletries and vitamins through vitacost.com, here is a link to the sampoo on vita cost:

Vitacost has the best prices and a flat shipping rate of $4.99, no matter how much you order.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:

I purchase all my organic toiletries and vitamins through vitacost.com, here is a link to the sampoo on vita cost:

Vitacost has the best prices and a flat shipping rate of $4.99, no matter how much you order.

Thanks for that BeBopBaby, I don't think that the Aubrey Organics website for the UK sells that one, but Vita Cost do seem to ship internationally so I can still order from it from there. :)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Note to all you dry/frizzy hair ladies out there....

WOW, just used my Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo last week and I would have to say that it's made my hair softer and shinier than anything else I have tried. It doesn't seem to have affected my colour either, and the smell is lovely.

It did feel strange to use, much more like a liquid soap than a regular shampoo as I felt the foam was a little "stiffer" and less abundant, if that makes any sense.....:) but the results are awesome.

The strangest thing is that it was even softer the day after washing!

Very impressive, and that's coming from the woman with the driest most unruly frizzy hair........

Dani California

Familiar Face
BeBopBaby said:

Love it! I think it takes a bit for your hair to get used too since it isn't all sudsy. Once a week I add baking soda and it helps even more to get all the build up out.

jayem

A-List Customer
I use Breck. It's a vintage brand, you get it at the Dollar Tree, and it leaves my hair beautiful.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
My hair isn't too problematic (probably because I always condition it and usually use a leave-in product as well), so drugstore brands are fine with me. I love Dove, but I'm also a fan of the new Loreal Vive products. They have a huge variety of shampoo and conditioners for different hair types.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy