Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

I just finished a rather laborious project, and now I am free to work on my own stuff!

Here is one character design I just completed in Illustrator for a soon to be web comic! :D

LD

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
More...

Using variations on what I have discovered is close to the digital version of "Orton Imagery", used to give a painterly, impressionistic style to nature photography by having 2 images and overlaying them- both are "overexposed", one blurred, layed over the other and then mixed together. Photoshop, of course- Im using 7.
I use a lot of the "selective colour" adjustment tool, in IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS, to enhance, reduce, or exclude some of the colour spectrum- selectively adjust saturation, clean whites, blacken blacks. That and LEVELS, in IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS for more selective contrast and lighting tweaks.
If I'm going to print photos and put them on the wall, I like to do stuff to them first...
I'm just a doodler.

Shattered shatterproof glass-
Broken_Bigger.jpg

Autumn Oak with flash to the sky-
Leaves_Sky.jpg

Lovely_P.jpg

Priya_Portrait-1.jpg

Doll like-
Priyas_Eye.jpg

Vint_Camera.jpg

B
T

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Miss Day! That is awesome!! ;)

BellyTank said:
LEVELS, in IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS for more selective contrast and lighting tweaks.

B
T

BT. Great work!

Have you tried Curves (ctrl-M), yet? If you haven't, do. I use both Levels and Curves, using the former first and then tweaking a bit more with the latter, if necessary. You can be even more precise this way, because you're not limited if the histogram is heavy to one side.

For instance, the image below is low-key and properly exposed. But, in it's original form it was too light and lacking contrast. The histogram was extremely heavy on the left side, with a low strip barely making it past the midtones pointer. When I processed it, I didn't even look at the Levels (until today lol), because I knew I could not do much with it. So, I went straight to Curves and darkened the background while lightening the chrome trident and "stars" a bit.

Maserati-Emblem.jpg

QB. I have an entire folder filled with cloud shots. Here are some I saw while driving back from San Diego a few weeks ago. I shot about twenty frames from a gas station and this one became my favorite.

Whispy-Clouds.jpg

Lee

Kim_B

Practically Family
Pinhole photographs - new school :)

My new photography project for a display coming up in February...

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

New school in that these were taken with a digital camera that I altered...

Kim_B

Practically Family
MrNewportCustom said:
I like the second one, Kim. How did you alter your camera for this?

Lee

Thanks! Simply enough, all you have to do is "poke" a hole in the center of a body cap (the ones that go on the camera when you have no lens attached) - this one I used a nail to get the hole started, and once I got through enough of the plastic I used a larger safety pin to break the rest of the way through and smooth out the hole a bit. Threw the camera on Manual and went to town. I have an extra cap so I think the next one I make will have a slightly larger hole.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I was visited by one Captain Jacobi, today. Poor fellow died on the spot.

Here's what he brought to me.

MK-Falcon-DSC6856.jpg

And one in color:

MK-Falcon-DSC6843.jpg

As I was posting the two above, I saw my fedora and decided to shoot some more. Here is the result.

MK-Falcon-w-hat-DSC6946.jpg

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes