Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
This is dumb. I'm just foolin' around at work today...shhhhhhhh

darkalley100.jpg
[/IMG]

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
This is dumb. I'm just foolin' around at work today...shhhhhhhh

darkalley100.jpg
[/IMG]

There is nothing dumb about a well-done vintage-style photo! It looks great!

I hope ya don't mind . . .
darkalley100-2.jpg

Lee

Keep chasin' them cheatin' hearts, brother!

shoelessjoe

Familiar Face
Colorado's High Desert, A Day In The Life ...

Did some exploratory fishing yesterday and following, are the highlights of the day ... in ascending order:

IMG_0998.jpg

An insect doing its part to keep the ball rolling ...

CopyofIMG_0977.jpg

Yours truly, a fool for fingerlings (& solitude)

CopyofIMG_0978.jpg

A brook trout ... a/k/a, an eastern jewel

CopyofIMG_0993.jpg

Colorado's State flower, the Rocky Mountain (white & lavender) Columbine making a spectacle of itself

freebird

Practically Family
flower003.jpg

flower002.jpg

Mom's hibiscus is outdoing itself this year.....probably all the rain we've had.
This was taken using my digital camera, received 2 rolls of black and white film yesterday and 5 rolls of color 120 today, getting ready to dust off my Yashica medium format and see how it does. I've never put a roll of film through it, I picked it up at a yard sale last summer.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
Talk about innocence....this is from a magic show being held in the city park just down the street from me this weekend.

magician100.jpg
[/IMG]

This is just wonderful.
It immediately made me think of Eisenstadt which, at least in my mind, puts you in some pretty fantastic company. Looking through the performer's legs, I like yours better.

eisenstadt.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
This is just wonderful.
It immediately made me think of Eisenstadt which, at least in my mind, puts you in some pretty fantastic company. Looking through the performer's legs, I like yours better.

Eisenstadt! Thanks for the compliment. :)

I got this shot a few days ago in the same park right after a heavy rain. No idea who they were...just two girls mud-wrestling. lol

mud100.jpg
[/IMG]

Smuterella

One Too Many
fatwoul said:
I agree, although I'm still seeing Edward Hopper in them too. Dinerman's work is just that little less "photographic" and a touch more stylised.

No problem for me. I love Hopper. lol

Yes, and that is why Dinerman's work is so good. I struggle with photorealistic paintings, I can't really see the art in projecting a photo onto a canvas and then drawing it exactly...but then I don't see photography as an art form in the same way as I see painting or sculpture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou