Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I guess I'm hooked on silhouettes at the moment.... [huh]

streetsmoke100.jpg
[/IMG]

Argee

One of the Regulars
Quigley Brown said:
I bought it new about ten years ago, but it's been collecting dust on shelf until a few days ago... ;)

To answer the original question, the round horn grills make that a model of a 1952 Beetle

Viola

Call Me a Cab
If this is not the right thread please chuck it out.

flinvite.jpg

I cropped it a bit because the address at the bottom is not mine its somebody else's house. Only some text is missing, though, and you can't see it on the background of the Loung but there's a simple black border that goes all the way around.

Is it too much? Too formal? Too weird? Its a garden wedding. It's not Officially Vintage Theme or anything, just flavoured.

Any advice/suggestions/ideas very welcome especially before I pay to have these puppies printed later this week.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Folks,

Now that I am on the Lounge for almost a month I want to share my art with you. I hope you enjoy it.
I am a design student with a focus on illustration. There's no mistake of my love for golden era art such as art deco, expressonism, new objectivity and so on. I really really love the early comics like little nemo, krazy and ignatz or kin-der kids. Some might find influences here and there. Enough talk for now:

img077f.jpg

img073.jpg

img071g.jpg

aroundmidnightsmallunbe.jpg

papercutnoir.jpg

The last two are from a comic project about haensel and gretel (with another setting)
rgbcolor03kopie.jpg

rgbcolor11kopie.jpg

I could post more, if you want. :)

Octavia

Familiar Face
Please do post more! I love those.
Ashamed to say I don't know anything about the early comics you mentioned, but I love the look you're nailing down there.
The third is my favorite. I also adore the texture and different media used in the fourth.

Well…this isn’t very artistic or creative (it’s more technical pencil work than anything), but this is my latest and probably my best so far:

Cary_Grant_by_casparofambrose.jpg

It’s on 24" X 19" bristol paper, done in #2 and 6B pencil. There’s also layer of gray prismacolor in the background.
I’m still figuring things out and practicing....just seeing what I can do, what I'm capable of. I suppose I'm going for sort of semi-realism. I’m doing Gene Tierney now

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Octavia said:
Ashamed to say I don't know anything about the early comics you mentioned, but I love the look you're nailing down there.
The third is my favorite. I also adore the texture and different media used in the fourth.

Well…this isn’t very artistic or creative (it’s more technical pencil work than anything), but this is my latest and probably my best so far:

Cary_Grant_by_casparofambrose.jpg

It’s on 24" X 19" bristol paper, done in #2 and 6B pencil. There’s also layer of gray prismacolor in the background.
I’m still figuring things out and practicing....just seeing what I can do, what I'm capable of. I suppose I'm going for sort of semi-realism. I’m doing Gene Tierney now

Technical pencil work? No, I'd say it's a bit more than that. This is incredible!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Octavia said:

Hey Octavia, thank you for your nice words. Your picture is very good too. No need to play it down.
I don't judge pictures if they are artys fartsy from an academical standpoint.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Here is a flyer for a swing dance event i just made. It's still not sure if and where it will take place, so I edited the infos out of the flyer. Looks a bit empty now because the typographical work is part of the overall look but...[huh]
just for the image:

flyerohentext.jpg

LukasWallace

New in Town
Here's my latest photo manipulation. Using my tripod and some props I had I staged this photo made from four separate photos... each of me. My apologies if it is a little graphic, although it's no worse than anything you could see on TV.

DSCN1906E2.jpg

Tonight I'll probably be taking more photographs and possibly some for doing manipulations like this one... if nothing else I'll just be taking some photos of my fiance and myself in some formal wear, which is always fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider