Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

LukasWallace

New in Town
Here are some of my older drawings as well...

Bond__James_Bond___01_by_PxRxSxRx.jpg

Adam__total_badass_by_PxRxSxRx.jpg

Death_For_Sale_by_PxRxSxRx.jpg

LukasWallace

New in Town
Alright, one more for now... I just finished it a little bit ago, it didn't work out perfectly as I positioned myself and my fiance a little off in one of the shots causing her to be covered up in another, but overall it worked out well.

PartyE4.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Octavia said:
Please do post more! I love those.
Ashamed to say I don't know anything about the early comics you mentioned, but I love the look you're nailing down there.
The third is my favorite. I also adore the texture and different media used in the fourth.

Well…this isn’t very artistic or creative (it’s more technical pencil work than anything), but this is my latest and probably my best so far:

Cary_Grant_by_casparofambrose.jpg

It’s on 24" X 19" bristol paper, done in #2 and 6B pencil. There’s also layer of gray prismacolor in the background.
I’m still figuring things out and practicing....just seeing what I can do, what I'm capable of. I suppose I'm going for sort of semi-realism. I’m doing Gene Tierney now

That is incredible, I thought that it was a photograph... but more real. The way that you captured the different levels of reflectivity and diffusion make it come to life.

Octavia

Familiar Face
Thanks so much for the kind words everyone!
I think I feel like a million bucks now - especially after hearing that from some pretty talented artists on this thread.

Lukas, I like the second one of your older drawings alot.
The whispy, sketchy shading looks brilliant.

And Floey - I love the recurring silhouette work.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Octavia said:

It’s on 24" X 19" bristol paper, done in #2 and 6B pencil. There’s also layer of gray prismacolor in the background.
I’m still figuring things out and practicing....just seeing what I can do, what I'm capable of. I suppose I'm going for sort of semi-realism. I’m doing Gene Tierney now

....this is incredible. Makes me hope and pray I get into college for voice because there is no way I'm going to make it in pencil and paint. :eusa_clap I take my hat off to you!

MCPRE

Familiar Face
HoosierDaddy said:
Latest engraving...

IMG_03322.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

HD
That is some superb carving, I posted my kachina dolls in a previous thread, nice to see another carver! I was going to give it a go with some technique like that.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Octavia said:
Please do post more! I love those.
Ashamed to say I don't know anything about the early comics you mentioned, but I love the look you're nailing down there.
The third is my favorite. I also adore the texture and different media used in the fourth.

Well…this isn’t very artistic or creative (it’s more technical pencil work than anything), but this is my latest and probably my best so far:

SPECTACULAR!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

If I sent you a picture of myself, could you do a portrait of it? :D

Keep up the great work!

flute

Octavia

Familiar Face
Goodness, thanks again, everyone! I hardly know what to say.
I forgot to include the reference in my first post...it's always interesting to compare the reference with the finished piece and here I think they're definitely easy to tell apart. Which I like. =P

Flute, I have to say I usually don’t take commissions but I am known to sometimes make exceptions, so you’re welcome to PM me if you want to talk about it.

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
Felt like drawing today...

And this is what came out....

rough1.jpg

I´ve done several version of this drawing, and even ventured to use water and oil colors, using almost the same elements every time.I´ve been drawing this character for many years (a good way to keep me awake at school). This is of course just a sketch...

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
"The Aesthetic of Attitude"

Hey gang.
Here is a new one I did for the annual California Screamin' show at Gasoline Gallery in El Segundo California.
I'm particularly happy with this piece.
It is oil on canvas, 16 x 20.
I just finished it so it isnt in a frame yet.
In fact the paint is still wet.
Hope you dig it.
The%20Aesthetic%20of%20Attitude.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112