Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

fatwoul

Practically Family
Thanks dg.

Drip.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Fatwoul, your photo of the house on the hill reminds me a little bit of this other famous house from the movie 'Psycho' (1960) but in a good way if you know what I mean, the complete opposite of it ;)

You have great talent, congratulations! :eusa_clap

psycho.jpg

dostacos

Practically Family
deanglen said:
Dostacos,
I only wish your pictures could have been larger to capture the power of composition to an even greater degree than they have at the size you originally posted them. I could see Van Gogh doing a painting from both of them. Wonder if they are in color originally, or B&W.

dean
thank you for the nice words,
they are sized down, and are negatives so I can blow them up,
colorsunrise2.jpg

colorsiseddory.jpg

these are two more of a couple series I shot [I keep going back;) ] When we finish our remodel I will be hanging some of my pictures, framed just not sure which ones[huh]

A B&W of the sunset and a color of one of the dory fleet is on page 162 & 163 of Rangefinder Photography, A Gathering

Dan

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
deanglen said:
I like this one a lot, Babydoll. Powerfully presented pastoral, you might say, scene.

dean

Thank you. I love it because it just looks so happy! All of the yellow flowers. You can barely tell that it was raining the day that I took the photo.

(The Mister and I didn't know exactly where to find fields of daffodils. We had a general area to look in, so he was the one on the lookout for a big field of them. I had to run across two lanes of traffic to get to the field..... but it was really worth it!)

fatwoul

Practically Family
dostacos said:
...A B&W of the sunset and a color of one of the dory fleet is on page 162 & 163 of Rangefinder Photography, A Gathering

Published eh? Cool.

It's a great shame RF Has never really caught on in digital cameras, since it seems a natural system to use with a CCD in many ways.

What RF do you use?

fatwoul

Practically Family
Babydoll said:
Thank you. I love it because it just looks so happy! All of the yellow flowers. You can barely tell that it was raining the day that I took the photo.

Oh I dunno about that. It's so vibrant and the plants all look so pleased, I figured the weather had to at least be damp. Definitely one of those pictures that cheers you up.

Actually, like before, I think this is another of your photos that reminds me of something cinematic. In this case, I am reminded of "Soylent Green", near the end, in the room with all the happy scenes on the walls.

Kinda reminds me of the mustard fields in Norfolk when I was little, too.

Here's another of mine:

PANNIER1.jpg
PANNIER2.jpg

Both this pair and the previous ones were in an exhibition a while ago, printed up a couple of feet tall. They lose a lot of their imapct at this tiny size.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fatwoul said:

These photos, and the other two, generate a static/motion effect, the energy of the shapes seems released by the angles you chose to capture the images. The power of POV. Telscoping concrete, gritty but piercing as it rsies, windows rushing past, petrified but racing by at the same time.

dean

fatwoul

Practically Family
HadleyH said:
I don't know what city is that but it looks so much like Havana!

There's a reason it looks like Havana...

...because it is Havana. :D

Glad you liked it, Hadley - thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy