Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Atticus Finch said:
When I make a decoy, I am carefull to make it using the same methods, and using the same kinds of materials as were availabe to the carvers in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. I don't use modern paints, glues or cloth. I purchase the wood I use (juniper) from a boatyard in Harker's Island that has been producing wooden boats for eighty years. In this way, I hope to be preserving a bit of coastal heritage. At least, that's my goal.

Atticus

I love it when someone restricts themselves to historical methods to reproduce classic items! Good work you displayed, Atticus.

dean

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fatwoul said:
20040327Scylla.jpg

Now that's just a darn compelling image! The energy is sublime. Sailboats, peacefully floating behind a pyrotechinc display! Talk about your dynamics!

dean

fatwoul

Practically Family
ASimpleLady said:
The only art I've done recently is digital. I make wallpapers from time to time...go on visit my blog and you'll see the link at the top...

That was fun. Thanks for sharing it.

1511829276_929bf65c4c.jpg

And look at you giving everyone saucy sideways glances. :D

I can't even remember if I posted this one already:

Door-1.jpg

Dominic

One of the Regulars
An abandoned roundhouse. Boy, would I give a lot to visit one of those! Great pics there Skillbilly.

And ASimpleLady, I love that doorhandle pic. Oh and your own picture as well too!

fatwoul

Practically Family
Dominic said:
...And ASimpleLady, I love that doorhandle pic. Oh and your own picture as well too!

lol actually Dom that doorhandle was mine, but I'm glad you liked it.

I agree about SimpleLady's photo. Pretty eyes, huh?

BTW - Dom your avatar is awesome.

fatwoul

Practically Family
skillbilly said:

This one confused me no end. I was very tired when I first looked at it. lol

Thanks billy for sending me on a little nostalgia trip of my own with your photos. They reminded me that I really should go out and shoot more on film, and how nice the results can be.

Dominic

One of the Regulars
I just love black & white photography. These are from a serie of photos I took on a very cloudy saturday last year. The rain that had poured the night before made every detail stand out.

bw3.jpg

bw2.jpg

bw1.jpg

fatwoul

Practically Family
Yes, Dom, B&W is lovely. I'm liking the curves and angles in those. Quite similar in style, in fact, to skillybilly's.

Here are some really, really old ones:

Barns.jpg

Sailor.jpg

Hills.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay