Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I got this shot from my car window one day.

hawk.jpg
[/IMG]

deelovely

Practically Family
Wow!

All of these photos ya'll are posting are just amazing!! It makes me want to take off with a camera and start snapping!lol But I would never be able to capture such beauty as ya'll have...:eusa_doh: :eek:
Magnificent work everyone!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
deelovely said:
All of these photos ya'll are posting are just amazing!! It makes me want to take off with a camera and start snapping!lol But I would never be able to capture such beauty as ya'll have...:eusa_doh: :eek:
Magnificent work everyone!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

deelovely. Just grab a camera and start snapping. You'll be amazed at what you can do. :)

I'm waiting for a camera that I've always wanted (and just bought used) to come out of the repair shop, so I can take off with it. :)

Quigley, that is an awesome shot! ("Awesome" is a word I rarely use!)

Lee

fatwoul

Practically Family
Dominic said:
Did you take those with a film camera? They're beautiful.

Thanks. Yes, I did. Probably an Olympus OM2 SP, based on when I took them.

Quigley Brown said:
I got this shot from my car window one day...

When I was in Ontario, I was photographing this little skinny spidery dude:

TheGorge049b.jpg

...when this happened:

TheGorge051b.jpg

deelovely said:
...It makes me want to take off with a camera and start snapping!lol But I would never be able to capture such beauty as ya'll have...

That's not true, but even if it was, everyone has to start somewhere, right?

MrNewportCustom said:
...I'm waiting for a camera that I've always wanted (and just bought used) to come out of the repair shop, so I can take off with it...

What camera is that? The camera I always wanted was a Nikon F2 Photomic black body with a 55mm/1.2, and a couple of years ago I was lucky enough to get one, plus it is virtually mint condition. Beautiful camera.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
fatwoul said:
When I was in Ontario, I was photographing this little skinny spidery dude:

TheGorge049b.jpg

...when this happened:

TheGorge051b.jpg

Incredible shots, fatwoul! What do you use when shooting your close-ups?

fatwoul said:
What camera is that? The camera I always wanted was a Nikon F2 Photomic black body with a 55mm/1.2, and a couple of years ago I was lucky enough to get one, plus it is virtually mint condition. Beautiful camera.

Hasselblad 500 C w/80mm Planar lens and 120 6X6 back. A pawn shop buy that I took in for repairs and cleaning. (Had it in my posession for less than an hour. lol) Lens wouldn't stop down.

Lee

fatwoul

Practically Family
MrNewportCustom said:
Incredible shots, fatwoul! What do you use when shooting your close-ups?...

Thanks. :)

Those were shot with a Nikon D70, and a Nikkor 28-105mm/3.5-4.5 AFD, which is quite simply the best all-round lens I have ever used. That lens was mine, but I sold it to my father in 2001. I missed it so much I bought another one recently in a sale. 28 is a bit narrow for the digital world, really, but it has a nice macro mode, and is a far cry better than the 24-85 version of the lens, which I suffered until recently.

I've also sold the D70 in favour of a D200, which I love, and I've just managed to stick an 18-200mm VR lens on it, which is great, again for all-round travel type stuff.

MrNewportCustom said:
...Hasselblad 500 C w/80mm Planar lens and 120 6X6 back. A pawn shop buy that I took in for repairs and cleaning. (Had it in my posession for less than an hour. lol) Lens wouldn't stop down...

Lovely. My sister's boyfriend has a Hasselblad, and we used them occasionally at college. I know of many students who got caught by that thing where if you take the lens off and trip the shutter you have to get inside with a screwdriver to reset it or something. So they're nicely built, but they need better idiot-proofing. lol

I always felt safer with my Mamiya RB67. Far too big and heavy, and not built as nicely, but the idiot-proofing was better, and square format always freaked me out a little. It's such a totally different mindset using 6x6 effectively, and I could never get the hang of it.

Hope your 500C is fixed soon, and we get to see some of the images from it.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
fatwoul said:
Lovely. My sister's boyfriend has a Hasselblad, and we used them occasionally at college. I know of many students who got caught by that thing where if you take the lens off and trip the shutter you have to get inside with a screwdriver to reset it or something. So they're nicely built, but they need better idiot-proofing. lol

I always felt safer with my Mamiya RB67. Far too big and heavy, and not built as nicely, but the idiot-proofing was better, and square format always freaked me out a little. It's such a totally different mindset using 6x6 effectively, and I could never get the hang of it.

Hope your 500C is fixed soon, and we get to see some of the images from it.

Thank you for the information on your photos. Quite helpful. :)

I have a feeling I saw where the screwdriver needed to go when I was looking at it. But I may be wrong. :D

I used an RB67 in college a few times, and I liked it. A very nice camera. I also once had a opportunity to use a Pentax 6X7. I loved that "pregnant 35", and it's still a dream camera, even if it is a tank. I love the format and the ease of operation. The day I bought the Hasselblad, I saw two Pentax 6X7s in another pawn shop (across the street from the camera store), one for about $1,100.00 (complete, with one additional lens) and the other for $1,900.00 (complete, newer, two additional lenses and more). Some day . . . :)

I'm still waiting for the camera shop to call with the estimate, but I'll post some images as soon as I can. :)

Lee

fatwoul

Practically Family
MrNewportCustom said:
...I used an RB67 in college a few times, and I liked it. A very nice camera...

Yeah, it serves well. Good workhorse, and I too like the format, but it doesn't have the build quality I'd like. It's good, but it's not as solid as a Hasselblad, and nowhere near as solid as my F2.

MrNewportCustom said:
...I also once had a opportunity to use a Pentax 6X7. I loved that "pregnant 35", and it's still a dream camera, even if it is a tank. I love the format and the ease of operation. The day I bought the Hasselblad, I saw two Pentax 6X7s in another pawn shop (across the street from the camera store), one for about $1,100.00 (complete, with one additional lens) and the other for $1,900.00 (complete, newer, two additional lenses and more). Some day...

I have admired them from afar, but never actually used or even held one. Like you said, they look like a big 35mm. Kinda like a K1000 that's let the diet go. I like the fact that you can operate them as a normal SLR, because 35mm SLRs is where I (along with most people) started.

That's quite a price they are selling at secondhand. I guess that's a good thing - means they are holding their value even in a predominantly digital market. Most of my film gear - RB included isn't worth a thing anymore, certainly not enough to make them worth selling. That's also a good thing, because it means I still have cameras that I would have otherwise sold.

I've still got my Nikon F100, which is a fantastic 35mm camera. I paid £900 for it, and now its barely worth £100 to the shop in town.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you get the Hasselblad for? I expect they too are holding their value relatively well.

MrNewportCustom said:
...I'm still waiting for the camera shop to call with the estimate, but I'll post some images as soon as I can...

Excellent. Looking forward to that.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
My latest,....

From a series of drawings I'm doing in an art deco style. Drawn to look as if they were statuary or wall reliefs, etc. from 1930s buildings. The theme is the four elements,...can you guess which one this is?

ArtDecoFire.jpg
[/IMG]

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
fatwoul,
I also started with 35mm. (Thank goodness I never bought that disc camera I originally wanted! :D) My first one was a Pentax ME Super. I liked it a lot and was going to use Pentax exclusively, but then I got a Nikon FE2. I did a lot of studio work with both (I posted some earlier in this thread) and eventually got a Minolta Autometer IIIF so that I wouldn't need to borrow one of the school's meters. But I seem to be wandering. :rolleyes:

I still have every camera I've bought, and will be taking them in for cleaning or repair one-by-one.

I paid $550.00 for the Hasselblad.

Maj.Nick Danger said:
From a series of drawings I'm doing in an art deco style. Drawn to look as if they were statuary or wall reliefs, etc. from 1930s buildings. The theme is the four elements,...can you guess which one this is?

ArtDecoFire.jpg
[/IMG]

Ahh! The reason for which you needed to translate heiroglyphics. Beautiful, Nick! I'm guessing "fire." ;)

Lee

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
Ahh! The reason for which you needed to translate heiroglyphics. Beautiful, Nick! I'm guessing "fire." ;)

Lee

Thank you Mr.NC,...and yes, your guess is correct. You win! :eusa_clap
(Exactly what, I don't know,...[huh] ,....how about a print when all four are done?)
I've got ideas for the next three, but also a fairly large canvas that I want to do next, so they will have to wait.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Thank you Mr.NC,...and yes, your guess is correct. You win! :eusa_clap
(Exactly what, I don't know,...[huh] ,....how about a print when all four are done?)
I've got ideas for the next three, but also a fairly large canvas that I want to do next, so they will have to wait.

Prints? Ooh! Nice! :)

Lee

lyburnum

Practically Family
I've been studying photography for 7 years now so I have rather a lot of images, but here's a small selection from my computer:

File1658.jpg

File1646.jpg

This set I did for my friend Jodie's modeling portfolio, in the end though it was used by 'King Blues Band' for the cover of their single 'Mr Music Man'. Not really my kind of music.

File1232.jpg

I did a series of these photos of windows all from the floor

File1190.jpg

One of the photos I took at Battle of the Brits in Detroit, 2005

fairtytalesone.jpg

Part of a series I did on childrens stories

carpurplecopy.jpg

Somebodies front yard near where I live!

calvino001.jpg

Part of a triptych based on the writing of Italio Calvino

003.jpg

002.jpg

My most recent photographic work, projections of slides I found in detroit onto my family bible

Most of my work is up on my website nomoreofthis.net, however it hasn't been updated in a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL