Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MrNewportCustom said:
deanglen, your wife's art is fantastic! Absolutely beautiful! :)

Lee

Thank you, Lee, your appreciation means quite a bit to her. I've passed these comments on to her.:) Your photography is stunning, richly vintage in spirit. Well Done! The one of the young lady in the cowboy hat is priceless.

dean

DocRedfield

One of the Regulars
Art

deanglen said:
Doc, I have to admit, that while the girls look great in your work, as does every aspect of it, the P-51 is delightful! Exceptional work!

dean

Thanks very much on both counts. The P-51 was fun to draw, but the Grumman Goose was a toughie becuase I couldn't find very good photo references.
We need to find you a scanner so we can see those beautiful pencils better...

Johanna

One of the Regulars
I'm an artist and freelance illustrator so I thought I'd share some of my latest paintings. (More at http://www.johannaost.com if you are interested)

Flirt
820_969-flirt.jpg

Sherlock
797_969-sherlock.jpg

Sailor
756_969-sailor.jpg

Moonshine
826_969-moonshine.jpg

Columbine
783_969-columbine.jpg

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Can you please tell me what you use to draw? Colorpencils?
Can you tell me which ones? They may be available in Denmark.
Also, can I ask when you started drawing?
I used to draw a lot when I was younger (mostly vlothes and princesses and stuf ahaha). I am 21 now and just beginning again. :)

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Tinseltown said:
Can you please tell me what you use to draw? Colorpencils?
Can you tell me which ones? They may be available in Denmark.
Also, can I ask when you started drawing?
I used to draw a lot when I was younger (mostly vlothes and princesses and stuf ahaha). I am 21 now and just beginning again. :)

I usually first draw the picture with pencils, then colour it whith water colours, no specific kind. I also make ink drawings and sometimes use a bit of black ink pen on my water colours as well. I've been drawing and painting and making stuff all of my life :)

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Johanna said:
I usually first draw the picture with pencils, then colour it whith water colours, no specific kind. I also make ink drawings and sometimes use a bit of black ink pen on my water colours as well. I've been drawing and painting and making stuff all of my life :)
Regular pencils or or colorpencils?
By water colors you mean akvarel?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Nice work Johanna--I especially like the drawing of Holmes. I really need to start drawing again, I'm so inspired by all of your artistic types!

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Thank you Imoldfashioned! And Tinseltown, I love Enoch Bolles! I even did a very amateurish photoshoot as a Bolles girl, but I don't think I can show it here because there's not a lot of clothes involved.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Here's one I just slapped together today.

Not what I consider my "real" art, it's just a film photograph I took last weekend, tweaked in Photoshop, and hurriedly printed and framed for a local art show.
They actually liked it, I think. [huh]
BridgeGaurdian.jpg

It's one of 8 awesome 40 foot tall, art deco bridge pylons from the Lorain Carnegie bridge in Cleveland that Bob Hope's father worked on, The Guardians of Transportation.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Aw thanks,...

zaika said:
wow, maj. nick. i really like that photo! you tweak well. ;)
I'm a tweaker from way back,...and I guess I do my best tweaking under pressure. I plan on going back there when I get my new vintage 620 roll film camera from 1935, and getting some shots with that in black and white. All 8 faces because they're all slightly different.
Should make for some seriously fun tweaking! :D

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
wow Nick!! it's like a cross between Deco and Grecian Empire!

That is just lovely. I'd be really interested in seeing you do a collection of the other ones!! It's almost like a Colossus rising out of the ocean in a scene from 'Jason and the Argonauts' (from Greek mythology). Definitely has a feel of 'empire' to it, and is not 'unlike' sculptured images created during the height of the Victorian British Empire, where trade, industry ..etc, was celebrated through such art (not unlike German art of the 30's).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo