Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawl Collar Cardigans

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I don't think I'm quite daring enough to wear a cardigan myself, but it looks good on you as it did on Steve McQueen. I would have to say you've got the look down good!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Papa M said:
Is that some kind of innuendo bearing in mind of what he is holding in the photo?lol

:eek: Uh, no. Completely outside the context of my post. However, I just looked at the first photo again after reading your post. :eek:

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
erez-2.jpg

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/sweaters/woolblends/PRDOVR~29208/29208.jsp

J Crew also has a few offerings this season. I must say, I like the trend towards classic styling!

p.s.
A quick google search will lead you to more info about the exposing image, which appears to be the real deal. The description of the photo shoot is rather mundane, but McQueen's escapades are quite a bit racier!

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Jeff M said:
Indy, what is the difference between the "Quantum" shawl cardigan and the "Wyoming"?
Except for color, they look the same....and each comes in the same colors.
(Hard to see the collar on the black "Quantum" cardigan. )

The Quantum has wider ribbing than the Wyoming but has a different weave on the collar making its collar sit more flat. The pockets are different as well (the Wyoming are internal, while the Quantum has patch pockets). The Wyoming has a different weave on the cuffs, while the Quantum is the same throughout the sleeve. Lots of little things... ;)

Kind regards,
Indy

Edward

Bartender
Cracking look, Jan. I love the photos of guys from the thirties wearing these with working clothes, or even Thirties style casual wear - slacks, shirt and tie, and a nice newsboy cap on the top. I particularly like seeing them in a double breasted style. I think they were back in fashion briefly a couple of years ago - I remember the more stylish, European kids I taught at the time wearing them. Have my eye on Indy's as well, they look really nice. I'm liking the idea of coming home in the Winter to throw off the blazer and one of these on in its place... especially in a rich, claret colour....

Speedster

Practically Family
Jan, that cardigan looks fantastic! And the fit is great. What size is it? I can see from your leather jacket posts that you have a 40 chest. Did you get it from Manufactum?

I bought one of the last ones from Aeroleather in dark blue. As far as i remember i bought a Large but should have taken a Medium (but they were probably all gone when i ordered). The Aero cardigan looks very much like your Black Sheep, but have the standard football buttons.

Have you seen this almost exact match to Steve McQueens cardigan - Double RL from Oipolloi: http://www.oipolloi.com/store/DoubleRL-ShawlCollarCardiganCream-13250.html

JanSolo

Practically Family
Thanks Edward. Yes I wouldn't mind to own another of these in a double breasted configuration. I have a HatPeople newsboycap on order. I hope it goes well with the cardigan...

Speedster, the Oipolloi looks very close. Especially the weave on the collar appears to be almost identical. But I have to say that I prefer mine...better colour, heavier wool and larger collar. Yes, mine is the Manufactum version which is almost double the price of the footballbutton version: Black Sheep 110 BP vs. Black Sheep/Manufactum 224 Euro. :eusa_doh: Needless to say that I didn't pay nowhere near that much as I know somebody who knows somebody... I can only recommend to order directly from Black Sheep. It's the same jacket apart from the buttons.

BTW: I have a size 39-40 chest and the Back Sheep is a medium. Body width/ length and sleeve length is more than sufficient.

Hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR