Shinki vs Langlitz Horsehide

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by sweetfights, Jan 15, 2020.

1. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

I tell them I picked up a package, value $30-$50, ordered from Amazon, an item they do not ship to Canada. It is a real package and story, I just always forget to mention my jacket. Works every time.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  2. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

I suspect the Langlitz (tanned in Japan) HH is very similar if not identical to Shinki. Both buy left over raw hide from Italy, Spain or South America or Canada (actually doesn’t matter as things get shipped around the world), & copy each other on formula. The end result is negligible difference, & both have a lot of waste, both expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin G and sweetfights like this.
  3. KissMyMuscle

KissMyMuscle One of the Regulars

Hi Colin. Did Langlitz handle the shipping fee if you ask for a remake? Do you have to pay the tax again when you recive the remake one?

4. KissMyMuscle

That sounds interesting. I am living in Vancouver which is 30 minutes drive to the Border. There are a couple of post office in US side that close to the border. But will officer notice you got a new noticeable langlitz jacket? There is a costco in US side that is one hour drive from my home. I probably will bring back some groceries with the jacket.

sweetfights likes this.
  5. sweetfights

Once I was not wearing the jacket and was questioned. But I had my motorcycle helmet beside the jacket and I told them I had the jacket a few years. No further questions that time.
    To my surprise I have never been asked about what I am wearing (jacket).
    I usually open my window to air out the fresh leather smell before I drive to the customs kiosk.
    If you have a good sounding reason, ie, picking up a package or shopping for stuff you cannot get in the Canada, there should be no problem. My passport shows about a dozen crossings a year. I have had my car searched when I do not have my wife with me but there is nothing to find because I am wearing it.

Carlos840 and El Marro like this.
  6. KissMyMuscle

Thanks Sweetflights, That's great to hear. I will try it when I order my langlitz jacket. But is it werid to have a motorcycle helmet in the car? What did you say at that time? I do have a motorcycle helmet even I dont ride.

7. sweetfights

I told them I was over the border to test ride a motorcycle.

KissMyMuscle likes this.
  8. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

Unless you know a shipping company that ships for free, you pay.

Yes to tax on the remake. CBSA are real MF'ers to deal with. I have never once gotten taxes back on a return, even after providing all the documentation. I did ask Langlitz to declare the remake at a very low value since technically I paid for it already and did not buy a 2nd jacket. Langlitz won't declare at a zero value or they would not have insurance if it went missing.

Canada is one of if not the most heavily taxed country on the planet.

9. sweetfights

Also very true...

10. KissMyMuscle

That's crazy.. I think I will drive to the store to try it first before purchase.

I guess Langlitz must make some really great stuff. What do you think of their jacket compare to LW and Aero? Is Langlitz really worth that much?

sweetfights likes this.
  11. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Shinki v. Horween v. Liberty v. Warhorse v. Vicenza

[​IMG]

Lebowski, gmcd, ton312 and 5 others like this.
  12. sweetfights

I love Aero, LW and Langlitz. Each manufacturer brings its own to the table.

Guppy likes this.
  13. Colin G

You'll have to drive to Portland OR to try a Langlitz in person but it seems you're not far. You can check out the Dehen shop also.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    KissMyMuscle likes this.
  14. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Absolutely right! I too have jackets from all three of them and they are all great in their own way. Langlitz does not offer the variety of styles and hides that Aero and LW do but they are certainly one of the best motorcycle jacket makers.

AeroFan_07 and sweetfights like this.
  15. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

BTW Oregon is one of two states with no sales Tax, Oregon makes up the tax on property taxes. Also when I visited Langlitz about 2005 they had a large rack of used jackets and stock sized jackets and pants

sweetfights likes this.
  16. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

This is the type shit that has me diving head first into denim and not looking back.

Monitor, Colin G and sweetfights like this.
  17. Colin G

Haha. The first time googled Langlitz for images, before buying my first jacket from them I thought WTF!? Those poor guys must shake their heads at some of the leather requests they get.

"I'll take the assless riding breeches please."

Peter Mackin and ton312 like this.
  18. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

If the customer is willing to pay, what's it to them?

Edward likes this.
  19. sweetfights

There are definitive demographics. Riders, casual, from Japan, leather lovers, etc.

20. Colin G

Guys, it was joke for Ton.

I really don't care who buys what and from whom.

Edward, ton312 and sweetfights like this.