Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Size Confusion

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Ball of foot 3 means the shoe is 3 inches wide -inside- the shoe...at the ball of the foot.

Toe to Heel 10.5 Inches means that inside the shoe..from toe to heel is 10.5 inches long.

and the more A's the more narrow it is.

texasgirl

One Too Many
I think what the seller is trying to say is the shoe is marked a 9 1/2 narrow- and then the measurements of the actual shoe is 3 inches across and 10 1/2 long- they don't say whether they are measuring inside the shoe or outside. But I wear a 6 and mine are about 3 inches wide and that's narrow for a size 6 shoe, let alone a 9 1/2!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The width scale goes something like AAAA, AAA, AA, A, B, C, D, DD, DDD, DDDD, E, EE, EEE, EEEE. What they sell as "M," the default width today in women's shoes, generally falls somewhere between B and C. If you wear "W" in modern sizes, you'll be uncomfortable in anything less than a D. And don't even think about 4A shoes unless your name is Cinderella.

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
LizzieMaine said:
The width scale goes something like AAAA, AAA, AA, A, B, C, D, DD, DDD, DDDD, E, EE, EEE, EEEE. What they sell as "M," the default width today in women's shoes, generally falls somewhere between B and C. If you wear "W" in modern sizes, you'll be uncomfortable in anything less than a D. And don't even think about 4A shoes unless your name is Cinderella.

Thanks for the help. I have a much better idea of what to look for and what to stear clear of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit