Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Size European Conversion-Help? Old Woogies

kools

Practically Family
I'm looking to purchase a pair of shoes from Old Woogies in Italy, and I'm struggling with all the size conversion charts I am finding. I typically wear size 10D US. Some of the charts I'm finding tell me that this is the equivalent of a European 43; others tell me that is a European 44. That is quite a large discrepancy.

The rest of the story...the shoes I want are currently only available in 44. Would going with size 44 be a foolish risk?

Lokar

A-List Customer
Unfortunately, it's very difficult to convert them. If I use online charts to convert my EU size to UK, it's either one or two sizes _below_ what my UK size really is. Your best bet would be to find someone with an EU 43 and an EU 44 and try for fit (but even then, discrepancy between companies, etc. etc.)

kools

Practically Family
Thanks Lokar.

I have asked Old Woogies to measure the dimensions of the 44 for me. I don't know if that will be possible for them.

jb771213

New in Town
I wear a 10 D also and I have also shoes in 43 and 44 at home. Because italian shoes tend to the smaller side (in my experiance) I would think of ordering 44, but having the risk in mind that even that could be to small (or narrow!)

Dave E

One of the Regulars
I am a UK size 8, so a US 8.5 and that equates reliably to a EU 42. I'd have thought a 43 would be too small, the charts I've seen look to equate a 44 to a US 10 (the first one I found quickly was on the Timberland UK site, where I know my sizing).

kools

Practically Family
I hope you're right, Dave. I placed the order for size 44. I've looked at about 30 conversion charts today; it's been about 50/50 size 43 or 44.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I'm looking to purchase a pair of shoes from Old Woogies in Italy, and I'm struggling with all the size conversion charts I am finding. I typically wear size 10D US. Some of the charts I'm finding tell me that this is the equivalent of a European 43; others tell me that is a European 44. That is quite a large discrepancy.

The rest of the story...the shoes I want are currently only available in 44. Would going with size 44 be a foolish risk?

Probably depending on whether its a long snouty Italian last. If it were then 44 would be too big.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy