Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shorpy All Stars

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415795960.669285.jpg

July 1913. Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. "Gettysburg reunion: G.A.R. & U.C.V. veterans at the encampment." Some of the 53,000 Civil War veterans, members of either the Grand Army of the Republic (Union troops) or the United Confederate Veterans, who reunited at Gettysburg on the 50th anniversary of the battle there. Harris & Ewing Collection glass negative.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fabulous picture Ed! That's a great piece if history there. Can you imagine the stories those guys could tell?

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426625317.363973.jpg

January 1943. Clinton, Iowa. "Residents of Miss Lucille Disher's rooming house for rail workers. Rear brakeman Clarence Averill and James Lynch, engineer on the Pacific Limited who has four sons in the Navy, Marine Corps, Army Air Corps, and Army." Photo by Jack Delano, Office of War Information.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
TK: "Take the hat. Leave the horse." Especially the one on the left. Think that might have been a world record for a big horse...

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
e0917a0dffd1e206ce82ffdf83c8e735.jpg

August 1941. "Cowboy and horse at the Quarter Circle U, Brewster-Arnold Ranch Co. Birney, Montana." Our second visit with this sweater-wearing wrangler. Photo by Marion Post Wolcott for the Farm Security Administration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes