Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I get rid of the following jackets?

With my kids, we used to put older toys in the garage for 6months before we’d donate them. If they ever asked “where did ___ go?” We would pull it out for them and reset the clock.
You might give this one a pause until Spring. If you don’t wear it this Fall/ Winter… out with it.

newtojackets

Practically Family
With my kids, we used to put older toys in the garage for 6months before we’d donate them. If they ever asked “where did ___ go?” We would pull it out for them and reset the clock.
You might give this one a pause until Spring. If you don’t wear it this Fall/ Winter… out with it.
Great idea!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I dunno … the BR fits you better to my eye, but I understand fit and feel are two different things.
I think this is a classic example of a jacket that looks good in photos but is not comfortable to wear. In my experience, jackets that were just a little too tight for me always looked great when I took a photo of them.
Regarding the GW, man that is a tough call! My experience with jackets that are too short in the body or the sleeves is that I just never feel comfortable and therefore never really wear them. If you find yourself admiring and yet never wearing that jacket then you should probably sell it.

One more from me:

Goodyear Ventura

Beautiful jacket, but think it might just be a bit short on the torso. Not terrible though. Would you guys suggest I keep or part?

View attachment 530470 View attachment 530471
For me this is uncomfortably short in the sleeves and really teetering the same way in the body length. Man 22” is friggin short! That would just barely cover my nipples and I’m not tall! I say add that that to the outgoing pile. It’s a beautiful jacket but it doesn’t look like an optimal fit to my eye, and GW’s seem to move along with ease.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
One more from me:

Goodyear Ventura

Beautiful jacket, but think it might just be a bit short on the torso. Not terrible though. Would you guys suggest I keep or part?

View attachment 530470 View attachment 530471
Keep, if you wear it with high rise pants and shirt tucked, the length would be ideal. Only if that fits your style though, if you don't like that style of pant don't go around buying pants just to match the jacket and move it on

El Marro

“If you find yourself admiring and yet never wearing that jacket then you should probably sell it.”

These are true, but dangerous words. I have quite a few jackets that I admire more than wear.
I have a heavy duty rack of jackets and unfortunately most of them fit this criteria. Probably time to take my own advice…

bn1966

If you wear it then keep it, if not I’d move it on. Took me a number of years but all leather jackets in my stable are now wearers that I’m more than happy with (6). No room for wardrobe queens…

newtojackets

Practically Family
One more, if you guys don’t mind me asking:

IMG_2996.jpeg IMG_2997.jpeg

Don't put it in the machine! use your tub and hand-wash it if you must. Lay it to dry in a cool place for a week or so
I sprayed mine with vinegar & water first and hung it outside in the shade for a week or so first.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Don't put it in the machine! use your tub and hand-wash it if you must. Lay it to dry in a cool place for a week or so
I sprayed mine with vinegar & water first and hung it outside in the shade for a week or so first.
Ah ok, will try this, thanks!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I would personally sell off the Goodwear, the BR and the Schott. 50/50 on the Aero 4-pocket CR.
The Brooks is nice, but it you are not loving it, move it along too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner