Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I get rid of the following jackets?

zebedee

One Too Many
Haha this is definitely what seems to be happening. May be an excuse for me to keep both…
I am going to tell you the desperate, maddening, unhappy truth: you should keep all but one or two. Sell the one or two you never wear. Then wait a year and buy one more. :)

It doesn't matter much what people say about fit unless it's sausage-skin tight or billowing - in which case you already know.

Rich22

Practically Family
I'd get rid of the Schott, mainly because I think it's garish and ugly. Sorry to say.

The other jackets look good, but if you've outgrown one and it's doubtful you'll fit it again, it's time to move on and reinvest.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One more question from me:

Which of these Cafe Racers do you think fits me better? I’m uncertain whether to get rid of 1 or keep both:

1. Aero CR

View attachment 543502

Johnson Leathers:

View attachment 543503
At first glance, I would have chosen the JL. At second glance, however, it seems a bit shorter than the Aero. So in the overall impression but rather the Aero. But since both are good, I would keep both and look which I wear more often.

Of course @ton312 liked this haha
The only edit I would add is….sell them all, buy a few back from the buyer you sold to, sell again, buy back again… of course sell again. Buy something worse, and something better, sell both, swear off leather buy tons of wool….and leather. Sell all, buy Levi’s Sherpa jacket and feel content you’ve won. For 3 minutes…then repeat the entire cycle (and sell the Sherpa).

newtojackets

Practically Family
This is one I’ve jumped back and forth on whether I should sell or not. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

IMG_4722.jpeg

IMG_4742.jpeg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
This is one I’ve jumped back and forth on whether I should sell or not. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

View attachment 562679

View attachment 562680
Kind of hard to say with the shirt untucked. Stylistically, it doesn't appeal to me but that's just personal preference/bias.

If you're already questioning it but looking for outside justification to keep it then that should speak for itself. Cut bait and move it along IMHO.

EDIT: Typo

Phil4

New in Town
Some nice jackets there. The board racer looks best of all of them on you. The side zip is too big in the shoulders. The sheepskin...if it's worth good money I'd sell. I've gone back and forth on shearling, went on a Sawyer of Napa jag several years ago. I guess the patch thing reminds me of the seventies, and not in a good way. The CR looks like it might be a better riding jacket, with some more freedom of movement? The one you think is too short, is too short. Especially with that collar.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Kind of hard to say with the shirt untucked. Stylistically, it doesn't appeal to me but that's just personal preference/bias.

If you're already questioning it but looking for outside justification to keep it then that should speak for itself. Cut bait and move it along IMHO.

EDIT: Typo
I like the style, just not sure if this looks too small

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner