Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I get rid of the following jackets?

newtojackets

Practically Family
I’ve gotten to the stage where i have too many jackets and need to slim out my collection. I’m thinking of removing the following 2, and thought I’d run it by you guys first (as I know some people here sold some jackets which they seriously regretted later):

1. Schott Shearling

Although this jacket is really unique, the fit imo isn’t right on me. The shoulders and chest are too narrow, the hem is too wide, the sleeves are too wide and the jacket is slightly too long:

IMG_2925.jpeg

2. Aero Board Racer

This one is especially painful for me, as this was my first non-fashion jacket, and the one that first got me into this forum. While I do love this, I feel like the fit is slightly too slim for me now, especially as I have my aero CR, which I think fits better on me (I am definitely not parting with this one). Also hurts as I love the deepness of the BR’s black:

BR-

IMG_2922.jpeg

CR-
IMG_2885.jpeg

Am I fine to part with both or am I making a mistake?

mumpy

A-List Customer
I agree the CR fits better than the BR so I would also get rid of the BR.

The Schott does look roomy but I guess it is meant to allow for layering as well. If I didn't have anything else in my collection for that use-case I would keep it until I could replace it with something better in terms of fit/style etc.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I agree the CR fits better than the BR so I would also get rid of the BR.

The Schott does look roomy but I guess it is meant to allow for layering as well. If I didn't have anything else in my collection for that use-case I would keep it until I could replace it with something better in terms of fit/style etc.
Think with the schott there isn’t enough room in the chest/shoulders to layer

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I dunno … the BR fits you better to my eye, but I understand fit and feel are two different things.

The first jacket fits you well IMO.

I guess if it were me, I’d let go of the Aero.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I dunno … the BR fits you better to my eye, but I understand fit and feel are two different things.

The first jacket fits you well IMO.

I guess if it were me, I’d let go of the Aero.
Any reason in particular you think the BR fits better than the CR? Imo the drop on the cafe racer makes it a lot more comfortable and look better too .

I think my issue with the shearling is that the sleeve holes are really wide compared to how narrow the torso is, which makes the proportions look off, but this might just be in my head. Will wait for further input!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Well, I do like the look of all three on you. I totally get that you feel the CR is a better fit than the BR. I myself exchanged a 44 BR for a 42 CR and was much happier with the fit, although everybody told me the BR looked better.

I think the Schott is pretty unique, and visually there´s nothing wrong with fit or proportions.

On a personal note: whenever I thought about selling a jacket I eventually did (one time after unpacking it three times, as I liked the leather so much...) and never looked back. Every empty slot on the rack is a potential new favourite jacket...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Sell them and start over. I say this respectfully, to have some funds in your arsenal. none of them fit terribly, it’s just that you owe it to yourself to find some that work better on your frame. The BR and Schott could be an inch or so shorter, whereas the CR is too tight for my personal liking.

I’d go for a half belt :)

Also, I doubt many wore B-6s in the Pacific Theatre!

newtojackets

Practically Family
Sell them and start over. I say this respectfully, to have some funds in your arsenal. none of them fit terribly, it’s just that you owe it to yourself to find some that work better on your frame. The BR and Schott could be an inch or so shorter, whereas the CR is too tight for my personal liking.

I’d go for a half belt :)

Also, I doubt many wore B-6s in the Pacific Theatre!
Thanks! I ageee on the schott and BR, but actually if anything I think the CR has a bit too much room for me

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Any reason in particular you think the BR fits better than the CR? Imo the drop on the cafe racer makes it a lot more comfortable and look better too .

I think my issue with the shearling is that the sleeve holes are really wide compared to how narrow the torso is, which makes the proportions look off, but this might just be in my head. Will wait for further input!
If I have it right, the Br is the first picture correct?
if so, it just looks better to my eye.

The second jacket looks too short in the body, shoulders too wide (hang off your shoulders). I also don’t like the sleeve flare at the bottom.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
On a personal note: whenever I thought about selling a jacket I eventually did (one time after unpacking it three times, as I liked the leather so much...) and never looked back. Every empty slot on the rack is a potential new favourite jacket...
Great advice Tom And true for me as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner